LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
THE BIG M...
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it runs cool for a while but then it stalls out. I give it gas but it just barely goes almost like the tranny doesnt want to shift, but it does... Pulled code 43 which is the electronic spark control failure, I figured maybe the Distributer so i threw a new one in but the same deal... Some one said maybe the knock sensor any ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
yea its most likely the knock sensor, the ESC gets signal from the knock sensor which senses spark knock and sends ground signal to ESC to retard timing. The best bet would be to replace knock sensor. if its still happening then its a fault in ECM

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
i dont think that a 90 has a knock sensor when i go to work today i will check it out i was thinking a ignition control mod but seeing as you changed the whole distributor out i dont think that is the case

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
it dose have a knock sensor its ruffly 23 to 26 bucks i would try to change it out. how long will the motor run before it turns off?

·
THE BIG M...
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it dose have a knock sensor its ruffly 23 to 26 bucks i would try to change it out. how long will the motor run before it turns off?
It doesnt turn off it just throws the check engine light on and makes the car have no power... But I Found the prob, it has a electronic spark control module back by the firewall... It was disconnected... Thanks fellas... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts