LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo i got a 90 caddy coupe deville, what is a better box for the trunk of it, a sealed box or a ported box, and why? i'm puttin in MTX 5500 dual 12" w/ the TE601D amp which is a perfect match for it, just dont know if i should go sealed or ported. im lookin for a sound that hits HARD, but a sound thats clean where i can hear everything in every song. i wanna be heard comin down the block with a crisp and clean sound with bass and every other sound and note from bells to a whistle no matter how low it is in whatever song im listenin to i wanna hear it all. in other words i dont want the bass to over power the other sounds in a song but i do want that BOOM, help me out fellas....SEALED or PORTED in the lac???

·
Registered
74 Posts
i got a 90 sedan d, i just did a small setup. 1 power acoustik 12 pushed by a shitty 1000w amp, i did a slot ported box. its loud pretty loud and clear inside the car since i cut out the rear firewall. it does not hit HARD tho, i had the same sub in a sealed box and it hit at least twice as hard but not as loud. hope that helps somewhat. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
i'd go with a bandpass box, my buddy has one in his 90 coupe de ville and it slaps hard.its one of those q-logic boxes theres 2 12 in the box and a 1000 watt amp.it sound pretty clear to me in and outside the car.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Originally posted by 518 Swangin@Oct 29 2007, 11:40 PM~9110864
i got a 90 sedan d, i just did a small setup. 1 power acoustik 12 pushed by a shitty 1000w amp, i did a slot ported box. its loud pretty loud and clear inside the car since i cut out the rear firewall. it does not hit HARD tho, i had the same sub in a sealed box and it hit at least twice as hard but not as loud. hope that helps somewhat.  :thumbsup:

hmm i was thinking about doing the same in my coupe. 1 10 or 12 either alpine type R or a w7 (and anythin in between) all depending on which will give me the right size ported box to port through the back dash and still have room for the juice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts