1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
.......cd changer ;)

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
yeah but im just sayin, you can leave the changer in your trunk it hooks to your stock cassette player. and you dont have to carry it in everytime you leve the car.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I do installations. If I were you I would put a kenwood 10 or 6 disc changer with a fm module. The walk man shit was left in the 90's.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have almost the same car as you, and this is what I tried

I got sick of the radio and wanted to listen to cds, so i went and bought one a thoz stupidass cassete adapters and ran it to a new cd portable cd player I bought, then when i put it in the tape deck and it plays, everytime the bass hits in a song the speakers make a loud scratching noise, that really pisses you off, its a known thing with the newer lincoln radios and the tape adapters, so i took that shit out and returned it

Just go and buy a whole new cd head unit, if u wanna be cheap you could buy a decent JVC for around $100 , but if you wanna get sumthin nice get an alpine 7894 for about $350, thers lotta options

·
Registered
304 Posts
You need to get an fm modulator and a CD changer. You could easily buy a sony walkman and get a cassette adapter but that will look disgustingly cheap, and I don't think that's what you'll want once you see the convenience and superiority of the changer.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Originally posted by beatbox@Aug 20 2003, 10:35 PM
You need to get an fm modulator and a CD changer. You could easily buy a sony walkman and get a cassette adapter but that will look disgustingly cheap, and I don't think that's what you'll want once you see the convenience and superiority of the changer.
or you can do this.... http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-PC8Tj...a=0&cc=01&avf=N it kinda defeats the stock look but you can always hide it in your glove box or something.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, the Speakers are all stock JBL's, juslike you have, trust me, your better off just buying a cd changer, I just bought a really nice one today, it plays mp3's and everything, nd I'm going to install it tommrow hopefully I won't run into any problems, I'll let ya know what happens, I never really messed around with cd changers before, we'll see what happens

1 - 20 of 53 Posts