LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
ive been told they are the same width-just the impala/caprice ect doesnt have the extra 1" lip on the drums-ive read the disc brake rears are wider tho-will just have a smaller bolt pattern for wheels in back ;)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Yes and no. It will bolt in, but the Fleet has four channel ABS (sensor on each rear axle), while the SS has only three channel ABS with a single sensor in the middle of the center section. SO, the Cadillac ABS and traction control will not work.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Jan 21 2010, 12:22 PM~16362938
ive been told they are the same width-just the impala/caprice ect doesnt have the extra 1" lip on the drums-ive read the disc brake rears are wider tho-will just have a smaller bolt pattern for wheels in back  ;)
Bolt pattern is the same chief.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Jan 22 2010, 11:10 AM~16374604
really? i thought there was a 1/4" difference on caddy? :dunno:
Negative. You can put Impala SS rims right on a Caddy with no problemo. ;)

However, there is a difference in the bolt pattern of the 80s cars vs. the 90s cars. :cool:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jan 22 2010, 12:19 PM~16374681
Negative.  You can put Impala SS rims right on a Caddy with no problemo. ;)

However, there is a difference in the bolt pattern of the 80s cars vs. the 90s cars. :cool:
yeah i was thinkin they were 4 3/4" and caddy was 5" (well atleast the metric size of that lol) i thought you still used the biggest pattern on the k/o adapter for fleets-or did the ss come out with the 5" as well?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jan 22 2010, 12:19 PM~16374681
Negative.  You can put Impala SS rims right on a Caddy with no problemo. ;)

hmmm ill be damned-they all have the 5"(127mm) pattern-i learn something everyday :cool:

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Now that I think of it, I have a set of 9C1 (cop car) wheels that I also used to use as winter rims. :cool:

·
Registered
871 Posts
will a 96 impala with disc brakes differential fit on a 2 door 82 fleetwood caddy?
Yes, but you will need a slightly shorter driveshaft.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Technically, no. GM didn't use a different prop valve on the 94-96 Caprice cop car or the SS. As a result, the rear brakes don't do much (discs use more pressure than drums). To get more pressure to the rear discs, google "stealth bolt mod".

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
the impala ss rear end with disc brakes is a total of 1" wider than a cadi drum rear... i think the difference is in the brakes because the rear ned housing looks the same... i was going to do the conversion but had the 2 rear ends next to each other and realized the ss rear would make my tires rub on a big body cadi.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Cadillac Heaven@Jan 25 2010, 11:53 PM~16412690
the impala ss rear end with disc brakes is a total of 1" wider than a cadi drum rear... i think the difference is in the brakes because the rear ned housing looks the same... i was going to do the conversion but had the 2 rear ends next to each other and realized the ss rear would make my tires rub on a big body cadi.
Good stuff thanks to everyone for the info

1 - 18 of 18 Posts