LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the only thing I did recently was put a new battery in, and after that now the car runs for like 20 seconds and just stalls out, starts back up, and does the same thing over and over. I dont see anything else wrong, would putting in a new batt reset some kind of factory fuel cut off/kill switch type shit, cause thats what it seems like it keeps doing, anyone else have this problem or might know what else it could be, any info will help, Thanks.

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought maybe it coulda been a fuel pump, but if it was, it prolly wouldnt run at all, right? Well I have it started now and its running fine for like 10 min, then I shut it off and that same shit happens again, Im stuck, why would it run good one time then fuck up the next 10 times, anyone?

·
Registered
471 Posts
my dad is a mechanic and when things like this happen sometimes it can be the cars computer, you have to take it to mechanic shop where they can tested with a scanner wich makes a test on the car and tells you what might be the problem

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Now I have to find a way to get it there, I dont wanna tow it, and dont trust driving it in case it starts acting up and dont run, I hope its just something stupid that I can fix,

·
Registered
10 Posts
my monte is doing the same thing, i put a new holley carb on and every time i came to a stop it wants to die, but as long as ur drive a at higher speed it does not do it. i have tried every thing from adjusting the choke to rewiring the power wire for the choke

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by BLVDCRUISER@Jul 23 2005, 02:20 PM
hmm any way u can test fuel pressure
[snapback]3465062[/snapback]​
Id like to, Im not sure how, I dont know if its normal but ever since Ive bought the car, when you take the gas cap off it has mad air pressure blowing out, thats prolly not a good thing. :uh:

·
Registered
15,682 Posts
I think I know what ur talkign about my car did the same thing and its a 94 fleet too.... change the the spark plugs and it should be fine

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
5,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by mr.pimpdaddy@Jul 23 2005, 03:37 PM
I think I know what ur talkign about my car did the same thing and its a 94 fleet too.... change the the spark plugs and it should be fine
[snapback]3465343[/snapback]​
Ill have to give that a try, The only thing I found that was messed up is how this all happened just after I put a new battery in, Never had this problem before, so Thats why I figured it just reset some computer type shit or something, but plugs are worth a shot, Thanks,

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by calvin@Jul 25 2005, 12:21 AM
could the comp need to be flashed?
[snapback]3471738[/snapback]​
those old gm's sometimes "forget" how to run. id let the fucker run and see what happens :)

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
dirty gas filter?

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
3 words have been typed repeatedly by me over the past week. I think it's my new mantra...

RUN THE CODES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possible problems that I could guess in 10 seconds:
Fuel Pump
PCM
Engine Temperature Sensor
Banana in the Tailpipe
Dookie in the Air Filter

Run the damn codes and let the ON BOARD DIAGNOSTICS tell you exactly what is wrong! If you don't know how to do it, I can walk you through it.

Good luck,
Jeff

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
mine would run but soon as i hit the gas would stall. i replaced the radiator and still did it. took it to the dealer for a complete engine check and it was a wire loose on the back of the engine that was shorting out and that's what caused the stalling. lift it up and make sure non of your wires are loose. try that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts