LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had so much trouble putting on a stereo. The wires on the car are different color coded than the ones on the CD Player. any one can help on how to install it. i can get it to turn on but the speakers is the problem i cant get no wires to match. if u need pics on the wires let me know

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
use a harness, makes it alot easier.trust me.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by trucha90@Sep 22 2007, 08:24 PM~8849461
i think he needs to anyhow, if i'm not mistaken, all caddy's have a seperate amplifier in the car and it requires a special harness that you'll have to run through the car....

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
your right, caddys are a bitch with that stuff, i know for the harness atleast.
in my 97 i bought some wire harness at the bestbuy and it didnt work. stereo place had to order one from some manufactuer, it took a while but the wait was well worth it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You need an antenna adaptor...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ok3NRn61xnt/c...400&I=12040GM10

And the harness... (Call crutchfield to ask if this will work with the amplified system, If this does work, great, if they say you will need to bypass the amp, you will need to wire new wires directly to the speakers, the harness will then only "adapt" the power and ground cables. If this does work with the amplified system, they will probablly say you need a PAC Oem-2, dont get it unless you have $$ to blow.. all it does is gets the speaker wires from the Alpine h/u and makes it less harsh {lowers the watts comming out} whe you get the new h/u installed just dont crank the volume up unless you want to blow ur speakers.)

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ok3NRn61xnt/c...000&I=120701858

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by trucha90@Sep 22 2007, 07:24 PM~8849461
i would try this but its just that the guy that i bought 2 said he would connect it for free and he cut the harness on the car and he cut it 2 close so i cant put the harness and wires back together. pero imma try 2 see if i can get it . thankz for the help

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by SantaneroX3@Sep 24 2007, 09:53 AM~8858306
i would try this but its just that the guy that i bought 2 said he would connect it for free and he cut the harness on the car and he cut it 2 close so i cant put the harness and wires back together. pero imma try 2 see if i can get it . thankz for the help
wtf? thats gay, i'd never cut the stock harness unless i was doing complete interior decorating and running all new wires throughout the car for everything.

what state do you live in? if you need any help, maybe someone nearby can.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by draarong2004@Sep 24 2007, 12:24 PM~8859616
wtf? thats gay, i'd never cut the stock harness unless i was doing complete interior decorating and running all new wires throughout the car for everything.

what state do you live in? if you need any help, maybe someone nearby can.
yea i know i should've done it myself. i live in alabama

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by SantaneroX3@Sep 24 2007, 05:49 PM~8861352
yea i know i should've done it myself. i live in alabama
lol too far from me, but if you run into any issues, feel free to post em up, someones bound to answer it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by draarong2004@Sep 24 2007, 06:44 PM~8862273
lol too far from me, but if you run into any issues, feel free to post em up, someones bound to answer it
where do u live? thankz ill ask whenever i need help

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by SantaneroX3@Sep 24 2007, 09:08 PM~8862997
where do u live? thankz ill ask whenever i need help
like on a good day of traffic, less than an hour or so away from lake michigan, just south of it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts