LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1996 fleetwood and nobody sells a aftermarket wiring harness for it. it has a shit load of wiring but i can't figure it out. can anybody help me out , i am gfonna wire it right in the factory plug. i did find 1 power wire but thats it. i can't find the remote wire power antena wire or nothing. thanks ahead of time. oh and the wires are in 2 seperate plugs for power and speakers so i have them seperate already.

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks homie but that doesn't help me at all. all i have in the trunk is the stock amp. the radio is all up front. for some reason my 96 is diffrent from 93-95. i am also going to make my own install kit for it because that is diffrent too. so is there anyone with a 96 to help out? :(

·
Banned
46 Posts
Originally posted by tatt2danny@Aug 11 2007, 08:04 AM~8527802
thanks homie but that doesn't help me at all. all i have in the trunk is the stock amp. the radio is all up front. for some reason my 96 is diffrent from 93-95. i am also going to make my own install kit for it because that is diffrent too. so is there anyone with a  96 to help out? :(
redo all the speaker wiring, theres only 4 speakers in that thing and they all suck, ;)

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the speakers aren't the problem its all the other power wires they have about 8 difrent wires for the power and ground wires. the only 1 i found that was alive was the orange hot wire thats it. i couldn't get anything else to work to put the stereo in.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is it a BOSE system? Does it have the 32pin blue harness or the 21pin black harness. if it is the 32 pin there is no acc wire on that plug, you see where the thicker orange wire is on one end there should be a Yellow wire next to it, if there is no wire next to it then this is a 1st generation Databus that GM started in the Cadillacs. You can go the ign switch and tag on the the thick brown for an acc for the radio. the remote/power antenna should be pink. If you can post a pic of the harness I may have a better idea.

DC

·
Registered
35 Posts
simon like DC Signs , you would need a databus wiring harness, be prepare to loose your door chime if you tag the power off the ignition harness. thats why im waiting to gettin that special harness to retain the chime and also the other funnction in my99 deville is equipped with onstar as well so just keep that in mind

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys i will take it all apart tonight when iget home from work and take pics of it. this sounds more helpful than anything else, but its not a bose. there is no brand on it just a cadillac and thats it. i will take pics of that too.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
basically all u need is your 8 speaker wires, ground,acc and power...

if u go to all ur speaker in the car u should be able to see the colors of the wires on the speakers. once u have done that go to the front and cut those wires. u said u found the constant power so u cna make your own acc and ground wire. i ran a wire from a fuse and added another in line fuse. and i just made another ground behind the radio. i didnt have any problems with my radio or any of my electrical.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
oh yeah just thought of something...if u are running and amp for mids/highs u dont even need to know the speaker wires..just get the power,ground and acc.

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am only gonna run an amp for my 10 or my 12, i'm gonna leave the rest stock. its my daily family wagon, so i don't need to upgrade just yet. after we have a diffrent car that will fit the family than i will hook it all up :biggrin: thank you

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by DC Signs@Aug 16 2007, 12:55 PM~8570031
Is it a BOSE system?  Does it have the 32pin blue harness or the 21pin black harness.  if it is the 32 pin there is no acc wire on that plug,  you see where the thicker orange wire is on one end there should be a Yellow wire next to it, if there is no wire next to it then this is a 1st generation Databus that GM started in the Cadillacs.  You can go the ign switch and tag on the the thick brown for an acc for the radio.  the remote/power antenna should be pink.  If you can post a pic of the harness I may have a better idea.

DC
i found these 2 wires under the dash, this is what i needed to do. thanks homie, i appreciate all the help guys. :biggrin:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Any further input?
I just did a shitload of research, orded the Metra kit for 93-96, only to find out 96's are completely different.
So if I understand correctly, there is no trunk wiring involved in the 96 install, there is no available aftermarket harness, and you have splice it???

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
here e pics of plug i pulled it out of my 93 i have another 93 so its going in soon got from circuit city in 97.black wires go to amp speaker posts plug ties in to speaker harness and runs factory speakers. 20130802_151655.jpg 20130802_151803.jpg 20130802_151809.jpg 20130802_151831(2).jpg 20130802_151818.jpg 20130802_151818.jpg

1 - 20 of 33 Posts