LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I think ive been posting enough stuff here lately to start my own thread...

got some progress on the 49 merc,
....i put drip rails on it and added a belt line to separate the 2 colors i will be using. I also ended up making new trunk lines on the body and cleanned up the firewall as well as removing the molded in battery.
..another new mod i did to it was a frenched anttena...
this is the first coat of primer to see what is needed to be reworked,; there is tons of S#*T to be fixed but then again it is only my first time with about 70% of these modifications
...still got alot of work ahead...

let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 79burider@Jun 14 2007, 05:01 PM~8106132
was that chopped looks to clean to be chopped
:biggrin: THANKS...... :biggrin:
and yup it was chopped and also got a pie cut...
chopped it an did the pie cut about six months ago... just recently got in to it again and added the taillights, frenched antena, belt line, drip rails lake pipes, licence plate housing and trunk lines

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the body taken care of...i decided to paint it orange.
i am using pink as a base coat to make the orange brighter then what it would turn out to be.... the orange im using is the one that is on the hood.

as far as engine is concerned i am going with the 454 that comes with the 1970 impala, i have cut out the stacks from aluminum tubbing ( the engine is not finished yet).
...the interior will not be red anymore but i have not painted it yet.... ill prob paint it white

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im considering making this one of my projects but i think the fenders look out of place...
let me know what you think about it, should i build it??
and if so, what should i do to make it look more proportional

·
Registered
16,049 Posts
Originally posted by 1badassMALIBU@Jun 16 2007, 03:43 PM~8117261
im considering  making this one of my projects but i think the fenders look out of place...
let me know what you think about it, should i build it??
and if so, what should i do to make it look more proportional

DOG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FINISH I BUILD IT !

THAT IS A BAD LOOKING DUDE RIGHT THERE ! IT NEEDS THE 50 FENDERS IN THE REAR THATS ALL !

HONESTLY ! iF YOUR NOT FEELING IT I SEND IT OVER I'LL DO IT !

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
these are some of my old builds.....
still have not gotten the balls to build a lo-low ( it takes SKILLS) but im working my way to it

this is the polar lights ecto 1 (2 door conversion)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
more pics......
feelin kinda bored so im going to post pics!

this is the AMT T-byrd which is a piece of crap but i think i made it a lil bit cooler;
i took the engine from the saleen mustang speedster also added the windshield from it some decals, the seats are off a corvette the back seat cover also comes from the speedster....i forget what other mods it has

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by pokey6733@Jun 16 2007, 02:05 PM~8117344
I'd say you definetly have the skill to do a Lowrider.
I took apart an old impala i had and i was going to build it foose style but i think im going to buy some spokes and make it my first lo-lo

BEFORE:

W.I.P

1 - 20 of 58 Posts