LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has an 88 s 10 he;s goin to sell me for like 200 bucks . I want to teach my self to install hydraulics over the winter. so i figured this would be ez cause i can take the bed off and its a very solid truck. but i;ve never owned a vehicle with a 4 link so i dont no anything about them. i only want to do a step notch with a 1 or 2 pump set up for daily driving ,for my bro to drive to high school. if u have any info or pics i would greatly appreciate it thanks for taking the time to read my topic
dan c.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
just do a basic set up first but use the truck brackets for the rear wit mini coils. Leave the rest alone and just up grade later on when you learn more bout it.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
are you saying that it already has a 4 link? a coil over setup, a bridge, and a c notch is not very hard. here is a 89 s -10 my old setup

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by NastyRedz@Aug 23 2005, 04:38 AM~3674644
are you saying that it already has a 4 link?  a coil over setup, a bridge, and a c notch is not very hard. here is a 89 s -10 my old setup
no sorry the truck is 100% stock right now

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
black magic hydros built this one

Attachments

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
omg! That pinion angle is way off. Ive seen that truck online before. I dont know about that kinda 4 link setup, ive never done one like that. But if you can get it to work than great! But getting that thing setup for a 1st time (beginner) You may want to get some help with it . It looks cool though!

·
Registered
747 Posts
your better off leaving the leafs in and building a bridge for the cylinders and putting your cylinders on your axle...the 4 link gets hard for a beginner..lots of measuring. the difference with a 4 link and leafs is...with a 4 link it lays frame in the rear..with leafs it comes close but doesnt lay frame

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by rook@Aug 24 2005, 08:17 AM~3681847
your better off leaving the leafs in and building a bridge for the cylinders and putting your cylinders on your axle...the 4 link gets hard for a beginner..lots of measuring.  the difference with a 4 link and leafs is...with a 4 link it lays frame in the rear..with leafs it comes close but doesnt lay frame
the only reason i was considering the 4 link is because my buddies have built full off road trucks and i think thats like the same idea .....so they can help me do that part.but im not positive thats the same idea

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by rook@Aug 24 2005, 08:17 AM~3681847
your better off leaving the leafs in and building a bridge for the cylinders and putting your cylinders on your axle...the 4 link gets hard for a beginner..lots of measuring.  the difference with a 4 link and leafs is...with a 4 link it lays frame in the rear..with leafs it comes close but doesnt lay frame
That's definately not true. I had a 94 S-10 that laid frame with leafs. Was airbagged though no hydros

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do u mono leaf it or do u leave the whole thing i dont understand that my buddy slammed his s10 and just mono leafed it but it rides pretty shitty

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
it will lay frame mono leaf if you want it too! the ride youll end up getting will depend on your springs / hydros. that leaf will only hold that axle in line. 4 links are tough because with the hydros we want to side to side and 3 wheel, the traditional triangulated 4 link is the way to go. you want that axle to swing side to side without the wheel kicking out. or no staying in alignment.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just go with a triangulated 4-link on it. SO MUCH better in the end. No wheel hop or risk of leaf snapping (possibility). One of the main things is to make sure the pinion angle stays close to the same through-out travel. Your buddies with the 4-wheel drives should be able to help you out on this one. Good Luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts