LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got two type x 10s and they r the 2+2 ohm subs im looking for a amp or amps for them i got them both at 1 omh i was thinking about the cadence amp that put out the 750 at 1 ohm and getting 2 of them i have a fosgate amp hooked up to them now and its a great amp and all but i know they could handle alot more it the p6001bd fosgate and i got them hooked up on each channel surprisingly 1 ohm at played it at the longest 1 1/2 hours and it hasent shut off it supposed to push 300x2 at 2 ohms but i got them at 1 ohm 6 months now no prob but now want a better amp please help with any suggestions the box is ported to spec dont know how low i think he said 20 something dont remember and got 2 batteries a duralast gold 800 cranking amps and a yellow top thanks for reading and have a great day

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
please help

·
Registered
145 Posts
why dont you jus try to find a .5 ohm stable amp, if you want try lookin here cardiscountstereos.com go to amps and then mono block amps and you should be able to find one :cool:

·
Registered
873 Posts
you know you could wire them to a 2 ohm mono load and get an amp that puts out good power at 2ohms mono. whats the rms on those subs? i know the 12" type x's are like 1000rms but whats the 10's rated at?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the tens r rated the same but i was looking more to getting a amp that would push out 1 ohm and getting one for each or like homie said geting a .5 stable amp better flow ya know

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i also heard that running them in .5 will sound horrible so tell me what about 2 4 ohm amps or i 2 ohm amp or 2 1 ohm amps what ohm will be better for me the lower the better right

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any suggestions

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
check out hifonics... i got 2 12's type r... and the hifonics puts out at least 1000 rms... works perfectly..

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what model and how many ohms you running?

·
Registered
873 Posts
since both subs are dual 2ohm, wire each sub in series then parellel the pair together. that give you a 2ohm load. as far as amps, thats really up to you, if it was me i'd just get a good amp that puts out power at 2ohms like a memphis 2000d. which puts out like 2400watts give or take a couple hundred. you could get 2 1000d's and run one to each but it might have more of a current draw then runnin one amp( not too sure on that)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks bro i will sure look into getting one kinda past my budget but who knows maybe i will just say fuck it and but it i was looking more into like 4 bills got any other suggestions for my budget besides save up dont really want to wait anymore

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont trust the ma audio i had bought the 4400 and it burned up on me twice i had to keep paying the shipping bill to send it to get fixed and they require up to 17 volts to get maximum potential an i correct i heard some good things about them but had some bad experiences with them and about the same time mines burned up this other guys in my town did to it was pushing them really hard though

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so im gotta look for something that pushes more out at 2 ohms what if i get 2 one ohm stable amps i was thinking about 2 cadence 750 watt amps thru audiosavings in ebay i dont know how to send links but i have a fosgate p600.1 and i have it wired down to 1 ohm on each channel been running it like that for a year now all the way up never shuts off i dont know how much im pushing to them cuzz in the manual it says 300x2 at 2ohms nothing about it being 1 ohm stable but it is doing a hell of a job sounds good but i know they can sound better and i dont want to get something that will sound any less and thanks for your help if you can give me info back on the cadence amps i would really appreciate thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
her r pics of my ride and setup just thought i would post it might be getting a new ride soon though cuzz im selling both of my rides

·
Registered
873 Posts
thats a clean grand prix homie. you could run 2 of those amps just as long as your electrical system is capable. the only thing is that they might not push your type x's as hard as they could but it should sound good none the less.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
do you think those cadence amps will push more than my p600.1 fosgate though it pushes 300x2 at 2 ohms and i got them running at 1 ohm on each channel i dont want to buy something thats gonna sound less than what i have now have you heard anything about cadence amps and i got a yellow top under the hood with a extra battery in the trunk it drops to about 12.5 when up high but its alot better than running one battery and on top of that im getting some new rides keeping the system and everything that goes with it im trading my 79 for a 96 caprice on 22s gonna put 13s on it goona get rid of the big rims and bag it looking for something new i havent been showing it much love lately it just sits poor baby hopefully the next person will but thanks homie for showing some love and getting back everytime

·
Registered
873 Posts
never really heard anything on cadence stuff. as far as the difference between them and your fosgate, they'll make a difference just not sure how big of one but i'd bet that they'll be louder. when you get that other car do the big 3 upgrade and look into a high output alternator. you can find them on ebay for a decent price. that should help make things even louder. maybe even new batteries like powermaster or kinetik. they're a little pricey but in my opinion better than an optima. just get 2 identical one so theres no problems. i'm just waiting to get to work on my 85 2 dr. shits been sittin for a few years, and i'm gettin anxious to get it rollin.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts