LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance of buying a 95 eldorado convertable with front damage, frame is good and my question is would it be easier to try and convert the the convertable to look like a fleetwood since they both have the same platform and i dont have to mess around with looking for glass and making a top from scratch not to mention the ton of hours on fabricating doors, interior and making them work when everithyng is already there?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Oct 6 2006, 09:23 AM~6317804
Not sure if I follow here, but the 95 Eldorado does not share a frame with the Fleetwood, and never has, the Eldo's been FWD for over 40 years.
i guess that answers all my questions. thnx

the end

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Originally posted by 41bowtie@Oct 6 2006, 08:09 AM~6317733
I have the chance of buying a 95 eldorado convertable with front damage, frame is good and my question is would it be easier to try and convert the the convertable to look like a fleetwood since they both have the same platform and i dont have to mess around with looking for glass and making a top from scratch not to mention the ton of hours on fabricating doors, interior and making them work when everithyng is already there?

Those cars are badass, and go for a lot of money if they are clean. I would just new Eldo parts on it, and you'd have a nice ass car. Post pics if you can...........

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Oct 6 2006, 09:37 AM~6317861
lol, sorry to burst your bubble
that cool man you live you learn, and the fuuny thing about it is that i have a 69 Eldo and i totally forgot about the front wheel drive BS

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Originally posted by 41bowtie@Oct 6 2006, 03:09 PM~6317733
If it were only that easy.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
i seen an 95-96 el-dogg with no top a couple of summers ago, i figured someone just hacked the top off. Didnt know they came in verts.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so since the eldo cant be made to look like a drop top Le Cab can we use the top and doors on a fleetwood to make it look like a Le Cab?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts