LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If installed correctly would this be a real good, deep bass sounding setup or is there a better alternative? Im not gonna lie, I want sumpin where at a certain occasion I can jus blow peoples socks off... If it is a decent idea, what kind of amplification would yous recommend? :cool:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hope you have a trailor for the boxes for both of them unless you did some kinda funky isobaric or isovent box.

But power wise, id get something that pushes just a ton of raw power. For example, an amp like my Visonik 4000xd would fit the bill for one sub..maybe even two. They're power hungry, thats for sure. Im not saying get a visonik, just something in that power range of a mono amp that is just brute. Orion 2500d also comes to mind for such a setup.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 10 2005, 08:24 AM~3787447
your sound quality isnt gonna be good, but you WILL be LOUD...
What sound quality, it is a 18" sub. But what your putting it in, cause you are gonna need a pretty big vehicle to be able to get that done. You looking at a minimun 4.5 cuft

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by Hop2This@Sep 10 2005, 12:12 AM~3787025
If installed correctly would this be a real good, deep bass sounding setup or is there a better alternative? Im not gonna lie, I want sumpin where at a certain occasion I can jus blow peoples socks off... If it is a decent idea, what kind of amplification would yous recommend?  :cool:

If you want major sound from those you are going to need major power and MAJOR air space homie, I dont think you will have the room for 2 of those ported unless you have an suv or vand or somethin

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Hop2This@Sep 10 2005, 02:12 AM~3787025
If installed correctly would this be a real good, deep bass sounding setup or is there a better alternative? Im not gonna lie, I want sumpin where at a certain occasion I can jus blow peoples socks off... If it is a decent idea, what kind of amplification would yous recommend?  :cool:
This is what I am talking about

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 11 2005, 08:16 PM~3794843
Uh you do not buy a 18" sub for SQ
errrr

·
Registered
223 Posts
i had 2 solo xs in my expedition with 1500w to each and it was loud as crap and the sound quality was actually pretty good...they can pound double bass from heavy metal equivlent to or better than my 3 10s. but on with rap oh boy it sounded good. and the box is gonna be big but not super big mine was 20sqft

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Sep 11 2005, 08:34 PM~3794921-->
<!--QuoteBegin-dirtywhiteboy66
@Sep 11 2005, 08:16 PM~3794843
Uh you do not buy a 18" sub for SQ
what's the size of the cone have to do with the sound quality??
[/b]
:dunno:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I did a custom install in a 2 door Tahoe with one Solo X 18 in a 6 cubic foot ported box..with 2 Orion 2500D..shit was pretty fuckin loud..to say the least

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Again, I am only throwin this idea out there and want to know where to go from here... I am going to be puttin this system in a 2000 Lincoln Town Car... So what would be the best setup for that while still gettin that LOUD deep baass IM lookin for... IM open to any suggestions... :cool:

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by Hop2This@Sep 12 2005, 01:42 AM~3796601
Again, I am only throwin this idea out there and want to know where to go from here... I am going to be puttin this system in a 2000 Lincoln Town Car... So what would be the best setup for that while still gettin that LOUD deep baass IM lookin for... IM open to any suggestions... :cool:
aside from getting a wall Id go with a pair of 15s in a ported box tuned low... I put a pair of RE seXXX 15s in my brothers 92 Linc in a 6.5^ft ported box running off a RF 1501bd and it turns heads from several blocks away :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 10 2005, 08:11 AM~3787496
What sound quality, it is a 18" sub.  But what your putting it in, cause you are gonna need a pretty big vehicle to be able to get that done.  You looking at a minimun 4.5 cuft
lookin at more than that if he wants to drive alot of power to them, more like 6 cubes per sub, these things aren't tiny....nore cheap.

either he just won the lotto, or stole them from somewhere...

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by Hop2This@Sep 10 2005, 01:12 AM~3787025
if installed correctly however, you'll only need 1 to blow peoples doors off, when was the last time you heard a 12" or 15" l7 solobaric? reason i mention both, is because they both get to the same loudness level.....

being that most people out there rock the crap they sell from best buy and circuit city, it won't take much to blow their doors off.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts