LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 more questions for now. I posted before that I was having trouble with losing pressure on the front of my car when I go up or down a steep incline. I have done some testing and it sure appears to be a result of low pressure in my system. Anytime I am close to 120psi in my system I can have problems. I am only running 6 gallons due to space restrictions and my pressure switch cuts off at around 134psi, unfortunately it doesn't kick in until around 114psi. So I need some help setting the pressure switch cause it really sucks to have to keep raising and lowering the car until the pressure switch kicks in.

I have included a picture below.

There are 2 "dials" for adjusting. One plastic and raised, one metal and almost countersunk. I am assuming one is for setting the max pressure, and one will set the pressure where the compressor kicks in. So my question is, which one is which. And is it a clockwise turn to increase the pressure setting??? I would really like to set this up before I destroy my new rims.

And now on to the second question....

It would appear that now the system is finally broken in, I am now noticing some sounds from the rear of the car, almost sounds like squeaking when the suspension travels while driving. It is loud enough to be noticeable when the stereo isn't on. And there appears to be absolutely no difference in the quality of the suspension of my car. It is rock solid on the road, no swaying or anything, so I don't think there is anything that needs replacing (hopefully). It was suggested to me to get some graphite based lubricant put on my bushings??? My air ride was professionally installed, unfortunately I can't get it in for a tune up for a couple of weeks as the shop who did my install is hella busy. Hopefully someone here knows what the problem is

Thanks in advance for the replies, sorry if these questions have been asked before, but the search function has been disabled so I cannot search to see if these have been asked before.

And if you want to see the car, I have pictures HERE. I will be updating the site if the rain ever stops here and I can take some new pics.

Last edited by yellowmp5 at Jan 18 2004, 01:56 AM

·
Registered
277 Posts
so is that a pic of the press switch? Is that one of those huge ones that come off of shop compressors? I guess some people like 'em. Probably because they can handle large current and you don't need a relay. I have no idea how to adjust them. Seems you need more pressure and a larger tank though. If your tank filled to 150psi you'd probably be better off.

cool looking car by the way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I physically do not have room for larger than the 6 gallons I have. But it seems there are alot of people here running 6 gallons fine, you just don't have as much play time. My problem is, there isn't enough pressure in the system at times to keep my front from losing pressure on steep inclines, which is why I need to figure out this switch thing.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
i would go with what mark said but i thing in the middle of that switch their was, on mine a allen style screw that i adjusted and that was how i did it but it only goes so far i say you get rid of that and switch it out with an adjustable switch and a solenoid set up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts