LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 RF T2 15's I have pics posted some where on here. It's not loud enough. Would 4 lower powered subs be louder. Like for example if I swithed to 4 Kicker Comp VR 15's??

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
try a different box first...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
he's ported...

are you serious, those subs arent loud enough... it HAS to be the install if thats so... doublecheck the box specs... if i remember correctly, your running the T2000.1 amp right? if so, that should be enough power to both 15's...

as you know, i have a truck as well and the sub is directly behind me...

i have one CompVr 12" in a 1.25cubed sealed box, and it makes my ears pop depending on what im listening to... its already placed 2 large cracks in my front dash board(heat and bass is an evil mixture), and it knocks my review mirror off (if its not tighten)... i was thinking about getting a second one but i dont know what will get fucked up, so im just finishing up on a box design i thought up so i can go ported... alotta ppl dont know that serious bass will put wear and tear on your vehicle, it makes shit vibrate out of place that shouldnt...

when you feel vibrations go through out your body, you know your shit is pretty good and should maybe chill out a lil bit... we dont wanna go deaf right???? anything over 130db is considered permanent hearing damage... and if your driving around like that, hats off to you...

-qs

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Id give each sub 3-3.5^ft net with 30-40" port and tune to 35hz...

downfiring the subs and port will be a huge step up from the current configuration :)

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DOOB@Sep 21 2005, 03:37 PM~3856774
I have 2 RF T2 15's I have pics posted some where on here.  It's not loud enough.  Would 4 lower powered subs be louder.  Like for example if I swithed to 4 Kicker Comp VR 15's??
check the phase of the speakers if you havent already

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 21 2005, 04:11 PM~3858752
to answer your question, 4 compVr 15's will dominate the twin T2's (may even do it if its just sealed, but ported, i put 2 stacks on it)...

-qs
I believe 2 ported t2 15s will be louder than 4 sealed cvr15s.... the only way I see him getting 4 15s in that truck is to seal and up/downfire... He cant fit them in there ported without doing a wall

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 21 2005, 02:05 PM~3858700

downfiring the subs and port will be a huge step up from the current configuration :)
I like that :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 21 2005, 05:05 PM~3858700

HE's ALREADY PORTED...

and why not do a wall for the 4 15's ported??? sounds like a plan to me...

-qs

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by BIG DOOB@Sep 21 2005, 10:37 AM~3856774
I have 2 RF T2 15's I have pics posted some where on here.  It's not loud enough.  Would 4 lower powered subs be louder.  Like for example if I swithed to 4 Kicker Comp VR 15's??
idk bout RF too much, but 4 of those kickers would make you go deaf, and from the responses, the subs you have now should be doing a pretty good job of that, got any pics of this setup?

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 21 2005, 02:58 PM~3858625
he's ported...

are you serious, those subs arent loud enough... it HAS to be the install if thats so... doublecheck the box specs... if i remember correctly, your running the T2000.1 amp right? if so, that should be enough power to both 15's...

as you know, i have a truck as well and the sub is directly behind me...

i have one CompVr 12" in a 1.25cubed sealed box, and it makes my ears pop depending on what im listening to... its already placed 2 large cracks in my front dash board(heat and bass is an evil mixture), and it knocks my review mirror off (if its not tighten)... i was thinking about getting a second one but i dont know what will get fucked up, so im just finishing up on a box design i thought up so i can go ported... alotta ppl dont know that serious bass will put wear and tear on your vehicle, it makes shit vibrate out of place that shouldnt...

when you feel vibrations go through out your body, you know your shit is pretty good and should maybe chill out a lil bit... we dont wanna go deaf right???? anything over 130db is considered permanent hearing damage... and if your driving around like that, hats off to you...
-qs
what if i'm wearing earplugs while rollin like that? :roflmao:

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 21 2005, 05:23 PM~3859306
HE's ALREADY PORTED...

and why not do a wall for the 4 15's ported??? sounds like a plan to me...
-qs
he is already ported but you have to remember he has it in a truck.... from the way it looks he has the subs firing forward and the port firing up. Its a pita to get trucks loud and the most proven methods to get some spl have been with downfiring subs and port (gives them something to load off of) or subs and port up. Besides I dont think he ever gave any specs on his current box. For all we know its too small or doesnt have enough port. Buying a sheet of mdf and taking a few hrs to try is cheaper and easier than selling his current setup and buying 4 subs. And as much as I love walls, they arent for everyone especially in daily driving applications.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
i guess so, i would think what he has now will be doing the job... i had an RF punchz in my truck and it couldnt hack it, the kicker cut the tree DOWNNNN... when i think about it, its almost like a got a lil miniture bandpass box... when the seats lean back all the way, the sub is kinda encased in seat cushion, and the bitch seat is about 2.25 inches in front of the sub woofer, and on full excursion it looks **** the sub will beat into it, but its when my seats are leaned back it looks like it kinda formed a vent (13.5" x 2.25"), guess its kinda hard to picture what im talking about...

im wayyyyyyyyyy off topic.... big doob, just make sure the box was built right, and you might wanna try the ideas that have been put on the table...

-qs

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 22 2005, 06:40 PM~3867140
i guess so, i would think what he has now will be doing the job... i had an RF punchz in my truck and it couldnt hack it, the kicker cut the tree DOWNNNN... when i think about it, its almost like a got a lil miniture bandpass box... when the seats lean back all the way, the sub is kinda encased in seat cushion, and the bitch seat is about 2.25 inches in front of the sub woofer, and on full excursion it looks **** the sub will beat into it, but its when my seats are leaned back it looks like it kinda formed  a vent (13.5" x 2.25"), guess its kinda hard to picture what im talking about...

im wayyyyyyyyyy off topic.... big doob, just make sure the box was built right, and you might wanna try the ideas that have been put on the table...

-qs
punch z's sucked donkey ass... the comp vr's are comperable to the he2's imo. I hated it when the salesmen would sell those janky ass subs to ppl and I was forced to install them.... blah!!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
are the he2's anygood ???

i dont know if i need to try and defend the compVR or agree with you...

i did a quick check up on them and they he2's are pretty lol, dont know if that came out right but it look like it should be able to produce, but i've seen alot of shit that look like it should produce and went sour...

-qs

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 22 2005, 08:14 PM~3867696
are the he2's anygood ???

i dont know if i need to try and defend the compVR or agree with you...

i did a quick check up on them and they he2's are pretty lol, dont know if that came out right but it look like it should be able to produce, but i've seen alot of shit that look like it should produce and went sour...

-qs
he2s are pretty good... they arent as loud as the hx2's but they liked sealed boxes more and had tighter bass not to mention they are better than alot of shit people run...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
i was at a local comp and a kid hit 151.8 w/ 6 10 he2's and 3 ample amps in a wall

1 - 20 of 24 Posts