LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up homies,

I'm pretty new to lowriding in general.. I have a 80 coude, that I'm planning to lift. What type of setup works best, or what have u encountered?? 2,3 or 4pump? I want to be able to have a high lock up and drive the car,do I need a slip? Drop mounts?

I appreciate any replies
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
695 Posts
im pretty new my self - and I just wanted to say that my car rides horrible with the rear end locked up.
maby its my crappy setup - but it might also be all that weight swingin around up in the back there - feels like the rear end is just steady fish tailin at any kind of good speed if the rear end is up past 3/4 way on some little ass 155/80 13s probly dont help much either.

maby some cars ride great at full lock tho.
mine dont n just wanted to toss that out there since it seem like you had wanted to mostly drive around up at full lock ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
I WOULD DO A 3 PUMP SET UP AND AT LEAST 8 BATTERYS RUN YOURSELF A PISTON AND AN ADEX TO THE FRONT AND 2 PUMPS TO THE REAR THATS JUST ME
YOU WANNA CLEAR THE GROUND ON 1 CLICK AND STILL PULL OF A COOL 3 WHEEL ...OR A 2 PUMP 4 DUMP STREET SET UP 4 OR 5 BATTERYS LAY N PLAY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking of doing the 3 pump setup.. But not sure whats my best option
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,685 Posts
If you're just starting out i'd go with a simple 2 pump 4-6 battery setup. :dunno: Don't wanna break everything right away with too much power.
 

·
57 RAG
Joined
·
30,659 Posts
Originally posted by Switchblade@Feb 2 2010, 10:00 PM~16494475
If you're just starting out i'd go with a simple 2 pump 4-6 battery setup. :dunno: Don't wanna break everything right away with too much power.
great advice he's a new guy to lowriding and other dude is talking about 3 pumps a piston and adex I"m like wtf
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,414 Posts
2 pumps 4 dumps is what you want starting out.. its easy to upgrade, and you wont have to get rid of any parts you dont need. maybe a few fittings.
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by coupedup+Feb 2 2010, 09:52 PM~16493586-->
What's up homies,

I'm pretty new to lowriding in general.. I have a 80 coude, that I'm planning to lift. What type of setup works best, or what have u encountered?? 2,3 or 4pump?  I want to be able to have a high lock up and drive the car,do I need a slip?    Drop mounts?

I appreciate any replies
[/b]
What kind of car? :dunno:


<!--QuoteBegin-MOSTHATED CC
@Feb 3 2010, 07:35 AM~16497422
great advice he's a new guy to lowriding and other dude is talking about 3 pumps a piston and adex I"m like wtf
:roflmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,641 Posts
2 pump,6 batts would be nice for a lay-n-play for starters :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
892 Posts
Originally posted by 75HouseofGlass@Feb 9 2010, 03:21 AM~16556601
true shit i would work with a good two pump kit that you can upgrade as you grow into the sport
:yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,680 Posts
I'm going to be installing my set up next week...I have 2 pumps and going to be doing 6 batteries. Is it easy to upgrade to 3 pumps if I wanted???
 

·
Phoenix Chapter President
Joined
·
6,456 Posts
4 pumps 3 adex's and 16 batteries......just for lay & play... :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by RollinX151@Feb 9 2010, 03:58 PM~16562850
I'm going to be installing my set up next week...I have 2 pumps and going to be doing 6 batteries.  Is it easy to upgrade to 3 pumps if I wanted???

Ttt
 

·
EL Muertero
Joined
·
8,365 Posts
2 PUMP CHROME KIT</span>with choice of #8 or #10 re-designed Rockford gear,Choice of triple seal chrome cylinders (6's thru 12's) ; Deep front cup,coil-over rear cup and Pro "Magic Balls" ; #6 high pressure hoses with bite to wire fittings ; (4) chrome and polished dumps,w ith all chrome 3/8 fitting ; (4) or (6) Cole-Hersy switches
<img src=\'http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/BlackMagicHydraulics/2pumpstreetkitchrome-1.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />
Complete kit <span style=\'color:red\'>$925.00



check out the black magic 2010 tax time special ;)

this would be a good starter kit for you ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,793 Posts
start simple you can upgrade at a later date 2pumps 4 dumps 6 batts will do for a start until you get an idea of what its all about and how it all works once ou get the idea then start to upgrade
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,557 Posts
Originally posted by THE REAL BIG M@Feb 9 2010, 06:22 PM~16564335
2 PUMP CHROME KIT</span>with choice of #8 or #10 re-designed Rockford gear,Choice of triple seal chrome cylinders (6's thru 12's) ; Deep front cup,coil-over rear cup and Pro "Magic Balls" ; #6 high pressure hoses with bite to wire fittings ; (4) chrome and polished dumps,w ith all chrome 3/8 fitting ; (4) or (6) Cole-Hersy switches
<img src=\'http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/BlackMagicHydraulics/2pumpstreetkitchrome-1.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />
Complete kit <span style=\'color:red\'>$925.00

check out the black magic 2010 tax time special ;)

this would be a good starter kit for you ;)
x2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,685 Posts
Originally posted by THE REAL BIG M@Feb 9 2010, 08:22 PM~16564335
2 PUMP CHROME KIT</span>with choice of #8 or #10 re-designed Rockford gear,Choice of triple seal chrome cylinders (6's thru 12's) ; Deep front cup,coil-over rear cup and Pro "Magic Balls" ; #6 high pressure hoses with bite to wire fittings ; (4) chrome and polished dumps,w ith all chrome 3/8 fitting ; (4) or (6) Cole-Hersy switches
<img src=\'http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff281/BlackMagicHydraulics/2pumpstreetkitchrome-1.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' />
Complete kit <span style=\'color:red\'>$925.00

check out the black magic 2010 tax time special ;)

this would be a good starter kit for you ;)
x2. That's what i'm starting with. :)
 

·
EL Muertero
Joined
·
8,365 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d+Feb 9 2010, 06:49 PM~16564633-->
start simple you can upgrade at a later date 2pumps 4 dumps 6 batts will do for a start until you get an idea of what its all about and how it all works once ou get the idea then start to upgrade
[/b]
:biggrin:

Originally posted by JOE(CAPRICE)[email protected] 11 2010, 07:34 AM~16581069
x2
:biggrin:

<!--QuoteBegin-Switchblade
@Feb 11 2010, 11:38 AM~16583036
x2. That's what i'm starting with. :)
:biggrin:
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top