LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHATS UP LIL. I HAVE A QUESTION I HAVE A 2 PUMP 4 DUMP CCE SET-UP. I WAS JUST THINKING ON HOW TO POSE A 3 WITH IT.
RIGHT NOW I HAVE 1 PUMP FOR THE REAR AND 1 FOR THE FRONT.
I WAS THINKING IF I PLUMED IT SO THAT 1 PUMP WOULD LIFT 1 SIDE AND THE OTHER PUMP THE OTHER SIDE, DUMPED JUST THE SIDES FOR THE BACK CYLINDERS AND THEN SHOT MY DRIVERS SIDE BACK UP WOULDN'T THAT BRING MY LEFT FRONT WHEEL UP???

IT SHOULD BE THE SAME PRINCIPAL AS A 3 PUMP 4 DUMP SET-UP. IT WOULD GIVE ME INDEPENDENT CONTROLL OF MY REAR CYLINDERS.
HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS AND DO YOU THINK IT WILL WORK?

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BY THE WAY I HAVE 8'S IN FRONT AND 14'S IN REAR WITH A COILOVER AND POWERBALLS IF THIS HELPS ANY. I CAN JUST ABOUT GET THE FRONT WHEEL OFF NOW THE WAY IT IS BUT THE DAMN CAR JUST DOESN'T WANNA DROP ANY FURTHER. OH AND I ONLY HAVE 4 BATTS, SO NOT MUCH WEIGHT

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SOMEONE ANSWER THIS BEFORE I TRY IT!!!

I DON'T WANT TO FUCK ANYTHING UP SO INFO....INFO...INFO!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
the problem that i think you might run into is that your cylinders in the rear are 14" and the fronts are 8"... the fronts will fill up and the rear will only have about 8" of lift.. if you keep trying to lift the side to make the rear lift higher .. you are still trying to send fluid to the front.. which is full...

why don't you try raising just 1 cylinder and raise the front... take off the hose to one of the rear.. put it in a milk jug... and raise the rear.. only the one side will lift and the rest will go into the milk jug.. its a little ghetto.. but it's easier and faster then trying to replumb the whole thing just for a few pictures...

or quit being cheap and spend the 250 and get another pump.. :biggrin:

Last edited by juicdcutlass at Nov 24 2003, 02:51 PM

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by juicdcutlass@Nov 24 2003, 02:49 PM
the problem that i think you might run into is that your cylinders in the rear are 14" and the fronts are 8"... the fronts will fill up and the rear will only have about 8" of lift.. if you keep trying to lift the side to make the rear lift higher .. you are still trying to send fluid to the front.. which is full...

why don't you try raising just 1 cylinder and raise the front... take off the hose to one of the rear.. put it in a milk jug... and raise the rear.. only the one side will lift and the rest will go into the milk jug.. its a little ghetto.. but it's easier and faster then trying to replumb the whole thing just for a few pictures...

or quit being cheap and spend the 250 and get another pump.. :biggrin:
THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH THAT IS IF YOU TAKE OFF ONE HOSE AND HIT THE SWITCH IT WON'T RAISE. IT WILL JUST SPIT FLUID UNTILL IT EMPTYS. ;) YOU CAN'T REMOVE A HOSE A EXPECT THE OTHER ONE TO FILL WITHOUT A ELECTRONIC CUTOFF AND IF I HAD THAT I WOULDN'T NEED TO PLUMB IT THIS WAY.
ANYONE ELSE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS???

BTW THE REAR SHOULD LIFT FIRST BECAUSE OF WEIGHT, SO WHEN THE FRONT FILLS THE ASS WILL ALREADY BE LOCKED.
SO IF I RUN IT TO THE SIDES, AND THE FRONT GETS LOCKED, IT "SHOULD" JUST SHOOT THE ASS UP..

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
buy another pump ;)

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
it shouldnt be a problem ive seen a few cars plumbed like this and they worked well it also means uve got 2 pumps to the front ;)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by stevie d@Nov 24 2003, 03:29 PM
it shouldnt be a problem ive seen a few cars plumbed like this and they worked well it also means uve got 2 pumps to the front ;)
THANKS, thats all i needed to know. i just wondered if anyone had tried it before. ;)

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Nov 24 2003, 09:29 PM
no point, you cant hop because when you do the back will lift too....

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Batteries, weight in the back is what makes your car stand 3, not just your pumps. You gotta have enough weight to make your car sit down. I think that it is pretty hard to get a 2 pump setup (without chains) to stand. If there is someone out there that has the ideal, you should open a shop, cause there are a bunch of people trying to do the same thing instead of just buying another pump.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
you could use 2 more dumps for the rear. 2 to shut off flow so you could pump 1 stroke at a time. then the 2 original dumps to dump the car.

but y mess around with it and just get a 3 pump

Last edited by rollin low in a grand prix at Nov 25 2003, 10:55 AM

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by PIMPOLIGY@Nov 25 2003, 06:27 PM

the wash in the house, thanxs to me :0
yea, i stole it!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Nov 25 2003, 12:51 PM
you could use 2 more dumps for the rear. 2 to shut off flow so you could pump 1 stroke at a time. then the 2 original dumps to dump the car.

but y mess around with it and just get a 3 pump
well i burnt a motor today, trying to up my voltage!!! :uh: damn i'm stupid!!!
well i took it to the starter shop and they fixed it for 5 bucks an as soon as i got home i disconected 2 of the batts. i was trying to run 72 to the front, but i think i'll stick to 36 for now. :biggrin:

P

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85+Nov 25 2003, 04:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stankin85 @ Nov 25 2003, 04:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--PIMPOLIGY@Nov 25 2003, 06:27 PM

the wash in the house, thanxs to me :0
yea, i stole it!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :puffin:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Im putting manual lock levers(valves) on both of my rear cylinders to lift one at a time ( the only thing is I have to go around to the setup and close a lever by hand then juice up one cylinder. It's ok by me though. You could just get the 2 more dumps , Or get another pump . If that don't work then put some chains in there. 4 batts not much weight. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
i think that if you add another pump it would just be a whole lot easier and less you would have to worry about, just put two to the rear. with the set up you have weight should be the only thang holding you back from a monsterous three wheel. :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts