LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide schematics? I need to know what the overall setup should look like plumb'd and wired including the pumps, dumps, solenoids, batteries, feeds, returns,...etc.....

Thanks in Advance.

L8

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay......I found these. I do have a couple of questions......

FRONT INSTALLATION.......
My 1st question is = The spring rests in the lower A-Arm pocker just like it currently is correct?????????? =

My second question is = Does the donut just slide over the cylinder all the way down and sit on the shoulder? If so, does the weight/pressure of the car hold the cylinders in place. That's what the donuts must be for correct???? The donuts must sit on the shoulder of the cylinder and press against the underside of the upper shock mount pocket???? =

Does the pressure/weight of the car keep the cylinders firmly in place? Do they have to be mounted or secured to the A-Arm or do they just "sit" in place????

Last edited by 1 LO 64 at Jan 4 2004, 04:39 PM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64@Jan 4 2004, 06:38 PM

My 1st question is = The spring rests in the lower A-Arm pocker just like it currently is correct?????????? =

My second question is = Does the donut just slide over the cylinder all the way down and sit on the shoulder? If so, does the weight/pressure of the car hold the cylinders in place. That's what the donuts must be for correct???? The donuts must sit on the shoulder of the cylinder and press against the underside of the upper shock mount pocket???? =

Does the pressure/weight of the car keep the cylinders firmly in place? Do they have to be mounted or secured to the A-Arm or do they just "sit" in place????
1st question - Yes, it does.

2nd question - Yes, the donut will sit where the top of the spring once rested.
Yes, the weight of the car "holds" the cylinder in place. In some set-ups you have to be careful that your new 'shortened' spring doesn't fall out of place when there's NO weight on that corner; examples three-wheeling, hopping, hitting a big ass bump, etc. Depends on the car and the set-up though 'cause many lower control arms don't have enough travel to be able to move down far enough for a spring to fall out... but some do.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Jan 4 2004, 07:00 PM

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Jan 4 2004, 04:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Jan 4 2004, 04:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1 LO 64@Jan 4 2004, 06:38 PM

Yes, the weight of the car "holds" the cylinder in place. In some set-ups you have to be careful that your new 'shortened' spring doesn't fall out of place when there's NO weight on that corner; examples three-wheeling, hopping, hitting a big ass bump, etc. Depends on the car and the set-up though 'cause many lower control arms don't have enough travel to be able to move down far enough for a spring to fall out... but some do.[/b][/quote]
Thanks a million........this is beginning to become more clearer now. Now.........

The Pro X kit I bought came with two different sized cups....ones deep and the other is about half the depth...which gets used in the front and which gets used in the rear??

Also......for installation on the rear......

I'll be doing a coil over (The diagram above show a coil under).......
Does anyone have pics of a coil over? how does the spring sit over the cylinder?

What gets welded where????
Does the cup get welded to the axle or the trailing arm? What holds the cylinder in the cup....a bolt? or does the weight once again hold them in place???

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64@Jan 4 2004, 06:38 PM

Thanks a million........this is beginning to become more clearer now. Now.........

The Pro X kit I bought came with two different sized cups....ones deep and the other is about half the depth...which gets used in the front and which gets used in the rear??

Does anyone have pics of a coil over? how does the spring sit over the cylinder?

Does the cup get welded to the axle or the trailing arm? What holds the cylinder in the cup....a bolt? or does the weight once again hold them in place???
Car, truck... what?

The deep cup primarily just lessens the chance of a spring popping out.
If you're doing a coil-over, you won't be using cups because the spring will be coiled around the cylinder.

Last edited by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS at Jan 5 2004, 12:44 AM

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Jan 4 2004, 10:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Jan 4 2004, 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1 LO 64@Jan 4 2004, 06:38 PM

Car, truck... what?

The deep cup primarily just lessens the chance of a spring popping out.
If you're doing a coil-over, you won't be using cups because the spring will be coiled around the cylinder.[/b][/quote]
Sorry.......64 impala..........

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also.........Coil under for the front.......should I do coil under or coil over for the rear????????

L8

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64+Jan 4 2004, 07:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 LO 64 @ Jan 4 2004, 07:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 4 2004, 04:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1 LO 64
@Jan 4 2004, 06:38 PM

Yes, the weight of the car "holds" the cylinder in place. In some set-ups you have to be careful that your new 'shortened' spring doesn't fall out of place when there's NO weight on that corner; examples three-wheeling, hopping, hitting a big ass bump, etc. Depends on the car and the set-up though 'cause many lower control arms don't have enough travel to be able to move down far enough for a spring to fall out... but some do.

Does the cup get welded to the axle or the trailing arm? What holds the cylinder in the cup....a bolt? or does the weight once again hold them in place???[/b][/quote]
i had the same problem decidein on where 2 put my cylinders in the back either the rear end or the 4 link an i decided 2 put em on my 4 link but yo playa good luck on ya install i just now got everythang ready 2 put juice 2 it so ima got fuck wit my switches good luck keep us updated ;)

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by veto213+Jan 5 2004, 12:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (veto213 @ Jan 5 2004, 12:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -1 LO [email protected] 4 2004, 07:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1 LO 64

i had the same problem decidein on where 2 put my cylinders in the back either the rear end or the 4 link an i decided 2 put em on my 4 link but yo playa good luck on ya install i just now got everythang ready 2 put juice 2 it so ima got fuck wit my switches good luck keep us updated ;)[/b][/quote]
Hey Veto.....you have pics or can you get pics of the rear end installation? Also, did you do a coil over?

L8

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
if your coil over -- you cut the top of the spring perch out to fit the cylinder thru.... give me a call later today ...BOB_T

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Jan 6 2004, 06:53 AM
if your coil over -- you cut the top of the spring perch out to fit the cylinder thru.... give me a call later today ...BOB_T
Yea......I'll give you a ring!!!!

I have a couple more things to run past you!

L8

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64+Jan 5 2004, 03:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 LO 64 @ Jan 5 2004, 03:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2004, 12:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1 LO 64

i had the same problem decidein on where 2 put my cylinders in the back either the rear end or the 4 link an i decided 2 put em on my 4 link but yo playa good luck on ya install i just now got everythang ready 2 put juice 2 it so ima got fuck wit my switches good luck keep us updated ;)
Hey Veto.....you have pics or can you get pics of the rear end installation? Also, did you do a coil over?

L8[/b][/quote]
im doin a coil over on the back i dont got pics yet cause i cant find no 1 wit a good welder round here so all i got hooked up right now is the front

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by veto213+Jan 7 2004, 07:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (veto213 @ Jan 7 2004, 07:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -1 LO [email protected] 5 2004, 03:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1 LO 64

L8
im doin a coil over on the back i dont got pics yet cause i cant find no 1 wit a good welder round here so all i got hooked up right now is the front[/b][/quote]
keep us posted, I would like to see your progress and install

L8 :cool:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64+Jan 7 2004, 10:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 LO 64 @ Jan 7 2004, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by -1 LO [email protected] 5 2004, 03:58 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--1 LO 64

L8

im doin a coil over on the back i dont got pics yet cause i cant find no 1 wit a good welder round here so all i got hooked up right now is the front
keep us posted, I would like to see your progress and install

L8 :cool:[/b][/quote]
;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts