LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.....gearing up for a 2 Pump install.

#1 - can the fuel tank be left in the car, rather than removing it?
I would rather leave it in, I just need to know if I can pop the holes for the rear cylinders without removing it.

#2 - Should the holes for the cylinders be cut with a torch or a blade?

#3 - where should I route the hydro lines?

Are there any other tips that you can provide to help me out and make install easier?

Thanks in advance!!

L8

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Why does the gas tank need to come out dude???? Thats retarded it isn't even close to being in the way!! Anyways use a 2" hole saw for your cylinder holes it cuts with ease even in the front. Also in the front you will notice that those gay cast iron a-arm holders are in the way if you want your cylinders dead center of the eye of the frame. Dead center is where the stock shock hole is. This problem held me up for a day as I was confused on what to do as welding on cast iron rarily works. anyways I just moved the hole off center a bit and it still worked however I find my 64 goes up and down a little crooked up front as a result of this so I recommend using 1981-86 regal or cutlass stock a-arm holders as they are perfect size and then the cylinders can sit way closer to center if not exactly center, I'm not positive , but I think they can then sit center with the straight across A arm holders. Hopefully this helps you out man. and for where to drill the holes for the front hoses I like to put them right beside the rear cylinders as then its hard to see them from outside the trunk, and taking the back seat out will make life a little easier to0. drill pilot holes for the hole saw first too.

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 81juicedregal@Dec 14 2003, 09:36 PM
Why does the gas tank need to come out dude???? Thats retarded it isn't even close to being in the way!! Anyways use a 2" hole saw for your cylinder holes it cuts with ease even in the front. Also in the front you will notice that those gay cast iron a-arm holders are in the way if you want your cylinders dead center of the eye of the frame. Dead center is where the stock shock hole is. This problem held me up for a day as I was confused on what to do as welding on cast iron rarily works. anyways I just moved the hole off center a bit and it still worked however I find my 64 goes up and down a little crooked up front as a result of this so I recommend using 1981-86 regal or cutlass stock a-arm holders as they are perfect size and then the cylinders can sit way closer to center if not exactly center, I'm not positive , but I think they can then sit center with the straight across A arm holders. Hopefully this helps you out man. and for where to drill the holes for the front hoses I like to put them right beside the rear cylinders as then its hard to see them from outside the trunk, and taking the back seat out will make life a little easier to0. drill pilot holes for the hole saw first too.
Yea, thanks for your input homie......I was wondering about those A-ARms in the front, those holes are directly UNDER those damn arms. I don't want to get different A-arms if possible, anyone have pics on how it should look with the stock A-Arms. How much is your ride offset when the front end is locked up???? is it really noticeable?

L8

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
glad it only held you up for a day man. that shit held me up for a good while on my 64. like dumb cunts we welded in the donuts flat under the frame so the coils sat all fukd on the cups! all fixed now though. ever had your front just raise once by itself (no switch touching) and then you find the motor is burned out? it must've been a short i think coz it didnt act like it was stuck on just raised once.

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by impala_street_scraper@Dec 16 2003, 12:20 AM
glad it only held you up for a day man. that shit held me up for a good while on my 64. like dumb cunts we welded in the donuts flat under the frame so the coils sat all fukd on the cups! all fixed now though. ever had your front just raise once by itself (no switch touching) and then you find the motor is burned out? it must've been a short i think coz it didnt act like it was stuck on just raised once.
I haven't even started yet........I just want everbody's opinion(s) on the dos & don'ts of installation..........

Back to my original question....

If I use my stock upper a-arms, when the car is locked up, will it really look noticabely crooked, or only to the installers?

SHOULD I USE THEM????? Any pics of an installation?

L8

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Mikeb62@Dec 17 2003, 11:43 AM
mine doesnt raise or lock up crooked. just make your cyl holes as close to a-arm bar as possible. they will sit against it.
do yours sit against it........can you get some pics homie?

L8 :cool:

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Originally posted by 81juicedregal@Dec 14 2003, 09:36 PM
eh...safety issue :uh: takes 30 second to remove...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64+Dec 14 2003, 11:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1 LO 64 @ Dec 14 2003, 11:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--81juicedregal@Dec 14 2003, 09:36 PM
Yea, thanks for your input homie......I was wondering about those A-ARms in the front, those holes are directly UNDER those damn arms. I don't want to get different A-arms if possible, anyone have pics on how it should look with the stock A-Arms. How much is your ride offset when the front end is locked up???? is it really noticeable?

L8[/b][/quote]
yea pics please i was wonderin the same damn thang on my 64 an right now im installin my dros on my car i aint got really started on the front yet but the back is all hooked up except for my cylinders bein placed i've heard alot on where i should weld my cylinders sumone help me out an let me kno where 2 put them either my rear end or my 4 link ive heard if i put them on my rear end i can make it sit lower but if i put them on my 4 link i can get my full lift out of it but the only problem is i gotta worry bout my drive line comin out of my tranny when i lift it so where should i put them

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can somebody take some pics of the front and rear of a 64 with dros installed, it would really help me and my homie by the sounds of it..

;)

:cool:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Originally posted by 1 LO 64@Dec 17 2003, 10:37 PM
Can somebody take some pics of the front and rear of a 64 with dros installed, it would really help me and my homie by the sounds of it..

;)

:cool:
yea sumbody :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by veto213+Dec 17 2003, 09:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (veto213 @ Dec 17 2003, 09:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -1 LO [email protected] 14 2003, 11:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--81juicedregal
@Dec 14 2003, 09:36 PM

L8
yea pics please i was wonderin the same damn thang on my 64 an right now im installin my dros on my car i aint got really started on the front yet but the back is all hooked up except for my cylinders bein placed i've heard alot on where i should weld my cylinders sumone help me out an let me kno where 2 put them either my rear end or my 4 link ive heard if i put them on my rear end i can make it sit lower but if i put them on my 4 link i can get my full lift out of it but the only problem is i gotta worry bout my drive line comin out of my tranny when i lift it so where should i put them[/b][/quote]
MAN, I TOLD YOU WHERE TO PUT THE CYLINDERS. WHAT, DON'T WANNA TAKE MY WORD FOR IT! WELL FUCK IT, DO THE INSTALL YOURSELF! :angry: :angry:

J/K :biggrin: for real, leave it on the rear end, less problems. unless you plan on doing some major cutting and welding! look on http://www.ichibanhydraulics.com click on pictures, installs and then on the blue 64. you'll see that the 4-link is just in general a BAD IDEA without major renforcement ;)

Last edited by stankin85 at Dec 18 2003, 12:50 AM

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Dec 17 2003, 08:51 PM
shitty pic...

Dan.......did you ditch the bags and go with dros?

StreetSweepaz........has a nice setup.....post some pics of the front and rears......

L8 :cool:

·
49,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pics......anyone?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts