LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS MY TRANSMISSION FOR MY 61 IMPALA. WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS HOW DO I GET ANOTHER PUMP FOR IT? IT IS GRINDED SO IT WON'T PUMP THE FLUID TRHOUGH IT AND THATS WHY IT WON'T CHANGE GEARS. WILL IT BE EASIER JUST TO BUY ANOTHER ONE OR IS IT EAZY TO GET THE PUMP (INTERNAL PART) FOR IT? WHAT SHOULD I DO?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
THE BOTTOM PIC IS THE PART THAT IS GRINDED BY THE PIECE NEXT TO IT, THATS THE PART I NEED.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
you can buy the entire pump, go to your local transmission shop, or summitracing or jegs.com will have the pump..

if you go to a local shop, you'll probably be able to find just the few parts you need.. (or at least, if you dont want to buy an entire pump, you may not need to..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK I'LL GIVE IT A SHOT, I HOPE I CAN REMEMBER HOW TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER IF I DO GET THE PART. IT'S BEN THREE MONTHS SINCE THE LAST TIME I MESSED WITH IT.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts

·
Pescos and Rays
3,018 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Sep 18 2006, 05:36 PM~6199615
OK I'LL GIVE IT A SHOT, I HOPE I CAN REMEMBER HOW TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER IF I DO GET THE PART. IT'S BEN THREE MONTHS SINCE THE LAST TIME I MESSED WITH IT.
wow you sir are very brave...... I wouldnt rip apart a transmission :0

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by ACCESSORYFREAK@Sep 22 2006, 03:10 AM~6221941
wow you sir are very brave...... I wouldnt rip apart a transmission  :0
thats a very simple trans to take apart.

·
Pescos and Rays
3,018 Posts
Originally posted by slo@Sep 23 2006, 05:30 AM~6229032
scared?
Of getting stranded in my 1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport while driving through the most delightful urine cented side of East Los Angeles ...... who me nah.... never :tongue:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by ACCESSORYFREAK@Sep 22 2006, 12:10 AM~6221941
WELL I KNOW I'M IN OVER MY HEAD THIS TIME, BUT THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN IS TO DO IT. IF I SCREW IT UP I'LL JUST BUY ANOTHER AND KEEP THIS ONE FOR PART'S.

·
Pescos and Rays
3,018 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Sep 23 2006, 05:47 PM~6232154
WELL I KNOW I'M IN OVER MY HEAD THIS TIME, BUT THE ONLY WAY TO LEARN IS TO DO IT. IF I SCREW IT UP I'LL JUST BUY ANOTHER AND KEEP THIS ONE FOR PART'S.
I aint hating on you homie! its either this or drop the 600 bucks on the rebuild. I hope it goes well for you... lots of luck!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Originally posted by ACCESSORYFREAK@Sep 22 2006, 12:10 AM~6221941
I have rebuilt a couple engines and a THM350 transmission and I would way rather rebuild a tranny. It took me 10 hours for being my first time and that includes taking it out and putting it back. I think it cost me about $110 in parts too. Im not sure though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts