LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brothers ride currently has Two W3's running off a Directed 1500d, its giving them a little more power then they are rated at, but sounds great, what diff would we notice if we would go up to 4 W3's running off that same amp now giving each 250 V.S now that each is getting 500.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
the difference wouldnt be worth the price of 2 extra w3's if your not gonna give them the wattage they need...if you were to buy another 1500d then thats a different story... is your enclosure sealed or ported???

-qs

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 4 2005, 03:55 PM~3751353
the difference wouldnt be worth the price of 2 extra w3's if your not gonna give them the wattage they need...if you were to buy another 1500d then thats a different story... is your enclosure sealed or ported???

-qs
The subs are rated at 300 wats, so i'll be underpowering them by 50, if that.
Your trying to tell me that there will be no diff at all?

Enclosure is sealed right now.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Scorpion@Sep 4 2005, 07:20 PM~3751495
Thanks, that is what i was hoping to hear.

thats why i was asking sealed or what...

but like brahma said, ported is the way to go, it should feel as if you have about 8 perfect circles instead of just four...

good luck to you, hopefully you dont end up needing to recone one of those heavy priced subs (lets cross our fingers)...

-qs

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 4 2005, 08:25 PM~3751710
thats why i was asking sealed or what...

but like brahma said, ported is the way to go, it should feel as if you have about 8 perfect circles instead of just four...

good luck to you, hopefully you dont end up needing to recone one of those heavy priced subs (lets cross our fingers)...

-qs
The only reason his subs have held together is the fact that they have been in a sealed box... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts