LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok yea yea its a kia..its my ladys car...something is wrong with this car...lastnight we drove it...she had this car since it was new and its never had a prob up until now...So she goes out to go to work and the shit won't start..no click no nothing..its dead as can be..i checked all the wires to the batt and the batt is clean..so i dunno wtf it could be..like i said the car was perfectly fine last night and now all of a sudden its dead as can be...Anybody got any idea what it might be???

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 3 2003, 02:22 PM
ok yea yea its a kia..its my ladys car...something is wrong with this car...lastnight we drove it...she had this car since it was new and its never had a prob up until now...So she goes out to go to work and the shit won't start..no click no nothing..its dead as can be..i checked all the wires to the batt and the batt is clean..so i dunno wtf it could be..like i said the car was perfectly fine last night and now all of a sudden its dead as can be...Anybody got any idea what it might be???
sounds like an electrical problem most likely would be covered by the warrenty, my mom drives a 2001 sportage n her door light always came on n it was a wiring problem n the dealership had it fixed n was covered by the warrenty, your best bet is dont fuck wit those things unless you know a good amount bout em, there REALLY bitches to werk wit, as complex as the average female, but its most likely a blown relay er solenoid.

oh yeah n does the lights er ne of the electical acc. werk, i dont think its a battery er starter problem its a new fucking car. also if the battery is dead mabe its cuz she didnt close a door all the way n the interior light stayed on threw the night happened to my mom to, there jus shitty cars i guess.

Last edited by fuwad85 at Sep 3 2003, 05:36 PM

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was the dayum alternator...less then 30k and it wore out already..the tow truck driver said he tows more focus's then he does kia's..that surprised me.
yea the car would start and run fine after a jump but when u would turn the lights and a/c on it would shut off..
He told me thats the way u can find out if its the alt :0 So i learned somthin new lol

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 3 2003, 09:24 PM
it was the dayum alternator...less then 30k and it wore out already..the tow truck driver said he tows more focus's then he does kia's..that surprised me.
yea the car would start and run fine after a jump but when u would turn the lights and a/c on it would shut off..
He told me thats the way u can find out if its the alt :0 So i learned somthin new lol
think about how many more foci they sell tho

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
foci??? ummm i dunno anyways she doesn't have to pay for anything. the warrenty covers it.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i dont wanna sound like a prick,but to me kia's are throw away cars put gas in em and roll,and plus kia's are a pain in ass to work on,i know from daily experience,most always electrical problems and misc shit goes wrong,nothing like spendin a whole day taking apart a kia :angry:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 4 2003, 02:18 AM
foci??? ummm i dunno anyways she doesn't have to pay for anything. the warrenty covers it.
yes "foci" plural of focus :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:

Klownin: the D-tec engine cover is the funniest thing ive ever seen.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla+Sep 4 2003, 06:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foompla @ Sep 4 2003, 06:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--capone530@Sep 4 2003, 02:18 AM
yes "foci" plural of focus :uh: :uh: :uh: :uh:

Klownin: the D-tec engine cover is the funniest thing ive ever seen.[/b][/quote]
yes it is,i think the most plastic ive ever seen on a car is on the lincoln ls,gotta luv the new ford air cleaners,bitch looks like a bazooka tube,and you gotta take that thing just to mess with shit..to me almost all new cars suck to work on

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea foci...anyways yea they might sell more..but yea still i thought they would be a much better car then a kia but from what i heard they are just as bad...but yea i think kia is a throwaway car too but hey she wanted a new car with no miles and thats what she choose..i don't pay the payments so i don't car lol..all i know is it has a good warrenty so that sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i see lots of foci at the insurance auction that start and run fine but have been totaled by the insurance people because the windows have been broken ford holds the copyright to the shape and yuo can only buy the glass from them its like $2500 for 2 back side windows ......throw away cars...hmm.... :dunno:

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by 816customshop@Sep 9 2003, 10:34 AM
i see lots of foci at the insurance auction that start and run fine but have been totaled by the insurance people because the windows have been broken ford holds the copyright to the shape and yuo can only buy the glass from them its like $2500 for 2 back side windows ......throw away cars...hmm.... :dunno:
what do you mean? could you explain further? thanks homie :)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
the two side windows on the 2 doors curve 3 ways . ford has the exclusive rights to manufacture them , meaning that the only way to get them is from ford . for the 2 sides and the rear is $2500 its some times cheaper to replace the car as it is a tax write off fer the insurance people :cool:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
of course , we drive them off the lot there nice cars just broken windows and small body damage

·
Registered
488 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 3 2003, 07:22 PM
It may be a bad connection of your battery cables. Even though they appear clean, try disconnecting them, cleaning them and reinstalling. That worked for me a bunch of times. One of them might even be loose. Tighten it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts