LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2002 Lincoln town car my second one first one I bought already had daytons so I figured easy switch by the way the stock's are 16inch what can I do to make all four wheels stop rubing it rolled 2ft and sound like grind ing nasty doe I even used spacers still rubbed help

·
Registered
106 Posts
This forum is dead as hell, probably best to go elsewhere with your questions. I think 98-02 TC's you would do a spindle swap in the front from an early 90's Town Car or whatever used the smaller setup, swap the entire brake setup with it. The rear maybe swap caliper brackets and go to older brake setup as well if they are rubbing back there too. I have a 91 and a 95 Town Car, I had to grind the front calipers to fit 15" standard offset on my 95, so you'll probably want parts from 91-94.

I just did a quick search to refresh my memory, you might be able to get away with 1/4" spacers and grinding your calipers. Guess it depends how bad they are hitting.

You should spin the wheel by hand with it still up on jack stands before trying to drive on it, you can tell right away when it is rubbing really bad. I knew right away I wasn't driving anywhere once I tightened the KO on the front of my 95, the wheels wouldn't budge, so I shaved the calipers until it just cleared.

Good luck with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts