LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PRESIDENTE
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They tried stealing my car but all they could do was screw things up on the inside. Jammed a screwdriver in my ignition, I replaced it.....but now when I turn the key, only the accessories turn on, windows work, lights, stereo, but won't kick over everything goes dead.

Does anyone know how to re-set or re-program the security system or computer? I tried disconecting the battery, tried leaving the key on for 30 min.

I am desperate...any suggestions???

·
16,068 Posts
Have it towed to a dealership. You should be happy you can't get it started, probably why the cars still there. Do you see any immobilizer or pass key lights "ON" ?

·
PRESIDENTE
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't see any of those lights on. Just the SECURITY LIGHT, the dealership is talking about $300 to $400 minimum., I don't have that kinda paper right now.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
how long did you disconnect the batt for? try 20-30 minutes

·
Registered
742 Posts
Check your owners manual.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Try turning on the switch until all your accesories light up, then hit your brake pedal 3 times slowly, then turn key off. Wait 20 sec and try starting....................hope that helps.............................................

·
PRESIDENTE
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by slizm@Sep 17 2005, 03:01 PM~3834111
Try turning on the switch until all your accesories light up, then hit your brake pedal 3 times slowly, then turn key off. Wait 20 sec and try starting....................hope that helps.............................................
I am going to try it. I had a locksmith come out and try to reset it, but he told me when they tried breaking into my car that the the computer automatically has somekind of an error code in it now, and it has to be cleared by the dealership.

·
PRESIDENTE
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 17 2005, 06:10 AM~3832687
how long did you disconnect the batt for? try 20-30 minutes
I just tried that as well, Thanks anyways.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
theres a special computer thing they attach to it and they disable the security or they get info from it

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
got to take it to a dealer...i had 2 impala LS's and one of them i changed the keys cause i lost them and i had to re-program the computer...my uncle did it...

·
PRESIDENTE
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by BAYTROKITA50@Sep 17 2005, 09:47 PM~3835673
got to take it to a dealer...i had 2 impala LS's and one of them i changed the keys cause i lost them and i had to re-program the computer...my uncle did it...
Thanks' for the info..... :)

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by azrdr@Sep 16 2005, 11:38 PM~3831493
They tried stealing my car but all they could do was screw things up on the inside. Jammed a screwdriver in my ignition, I replaced it.....but now when I turn the key, only the accessories turn on, windows work, lights, stereo, but won't kick over everything goes dead.

Does anyone know how to re-set or re-program the security system or computer? I tried disconecting the battery, tried leaving the key on for 30 min.

I am desperate...any suggestions???
The VTD module (Vehicle Theft Deterent) sends a class II message to the PCM to disable theft if someone tries to start without the passkey. You are probably getting the "security" message on your dash right? Well if they didn't fuck up the class II wires on the ignition cylinder, then you should be able to clear this by simply locking and unlocking the doors using your keyfob. If that doesn't clear the "security" light, then they probably ripped the class II wires on the lock cylinder module. There's 5 wires coming from the lock cylinder, orange, pink, black and two purples. Make sure the purple wires aren't torn/ripped. If not, then he might have damaged the whole lock cylinder and it needs changed.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Your insurance won't cover the repair? Or was the cost of the repair less than your deductable, so you just did it yourself?

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
I was wondering that myself, but I dont blame him for not wanting to pay the deductible and rate hike. Depending on his problem though, he may be better off doing that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts