LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced the coil and it made no diffrencestill gave me the same code
i was thinking about changing the plugs,then fuel filter but not sure anyone have any sugestions???
thanks

·
Registered
989 Posts
does it still run bad or does it just still have the code?? if your not sure go to auto zone and tell them that youve just replaced the part and you want the codes reset, they can shut the light off for you with there obd2 scanner, if it comes back on then youve still got a problem, if it stays off you know you took care of it with the coil......they arent supposed to reset them for you but if you are cool with them and explain why they more than likely will, i worked there for a little over 2 years and we always did at the store i was at

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The coil on tthe misfiring cylinder it bad, each spark plug has a coil mounted on top of it

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
DUDE YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE PLUG AND THE COIL. DON'T FORGET TO PUT ANTI-SIEZ ON THE PLUG THREADS .

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know they have individual coils i replace #4 coil that is on the pass side rear. i have the obd2 scaner and after i replaced the coil it still ran like shit but i erased the code to see if i got the same code and i did its code p0304 cylinder 4 misfire..what do u guys sugest that i do next
this guy i know keeps telling me that it might be a bad oxgen sensor but im not getting a code for it..my next step was going to change the plug and go from there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts