LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about puttin some 20's on my 81 coupe deville
i have 10's in the front and 12's in tha back, i have about have a stack in the rear, bout a turn less in tha front, is this possible and if so wut do i need 2 do so it work fine

holla back

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** I installed a set of dros on a 92 caprice with 20"s worked good

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
dros, lix, lics, switches, can it jump?, can it 3?, can it dogleg?, how many switches you got?, you only got 8 switches, not 16!!!!!!,,,

if you or anyone says these or asks these questions, they should not have hydraulics cause they are fags so they should have bags and 20s :thumbsdown:

Last edited by [email protected] at Sep 22 2003, 12:21 PM

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Not only are 20's on a 81 Lac a bad and ugly idea, but didn't anyone notice he said he has 10's up front? :dunno:
What the hell you doing with 10" cylinders in the front of that car kid? :uh:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Just wondinering why it's bad to have 10's in the front? I am not sure why that is bad.
I have 10s in the front on my Fleetwood?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Originally posted by 94Fleetwood@Sep 22 2003, 10:33 AM
Just wondinering why it's bad to have 10's in the front? I am not sure why that is bad.
I have 10s in the front on my Fleetwood?
because the stroke travel is less than 10" in your suspension so its really just a waste..

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
well kinda...

If your stroke is more than your suspensions travel, then you are constantly straining your suspension... a good and effective way of fixing that is by installing stroke limitors in your cylinders so the cylinder bottoms out just before your limit.. this way you have a perfect match for your car..... you can't buy limitors you have to have them made for you..

or you can chain off the fronts or thick cable... (ghetto.. lol...)

a stroke limitor is used in 8" cylinders too, just don't need as long a limitor......... OR you strengthen your frame more than you have to and hope for the best....

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Thanks for the advice....the guy who put mine in, says that it's better to have 10's, even though I have heard most people use 8's... He says it's the "antenna theory" Being that if the cylinder isn't all the way up, it will stay stronger and most likely not bend. (seems to make sense on an antenna, but I'm not sure on a car?)

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Sep 22 2003, 02:42 AM
** I installed a set of dros on a 92 caprice with 20"s worked good
SHIT WAS LOOKING AND RIDING GOOD TOO :cheesy:

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal+Sep 23 2003, 09:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigNasty85Regal @ Sep 23 2003, 09:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--STREET SWEEPAZ@Sep 22 2003, 02:42 AM
** I installed a set of dros on a 92 caprice with 20"s  worked good
SHIT WAS LOOKING AND RIDING GOOD TOO :cheesy:[/b][/quote]
** Yes it did...It 3 wheeled about 2 feet ... Didnt hop it much -- chipped at 8" or so... But could have gotten higher with different springs and more volts... You guys are calling yourselves fags ... You all have used the terms you have mentioned ... You cant say that you havent so , You guys can sit there & bicker to yourselves about the matter -- get off the computer & put in some work on your ride.... Damn, I only jump on here right before I call it a night .. You guys are on here all damn day ...... As a real indian should say it ..... Your a "Chimook"......Take this bag & eat my 20" Big Daddy's..

·
Registered
839 Posts
Originally posted by jojocowboys_12@Sep 22 2003, 12:01 AM
im thinking about puttin some 20's on my 81 coupe deville
i have 10's in the front and 12's in tha back, i have about have a stack in the rear, bout a turn less in tha front, is this possible and if so wut do i need 2 do so it work fine

holla back
Check this out 20's & Dros http://www.bowtieclassic.com/shops.html
later :cool:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by sneakyboy1@Sep 22 2003, 08:59 AM
Not only are 20's on a 81 Lac a bad and ugly idea, but didn't anyone notice he said he has 10's up front? :dunno:
What the hell you doing with 10" cylinders in the front of that car kid? :uh:
came with the kit, dont hate

1 - 20 of 43 Posts