LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you put 20" reverse knockoffs on a 99 Expedition would they stick out. It is 4 wheel drive. I was also told I can't drop it. what is that all about. hit me up.

A

·
0 Posts
Hi!

I have a '98 Expedition EB 4WD and I just emailed a guy off of ebay and he said that the 22 wires wouldn't stick out and that if you only have springs on the front and back then you can lower it, but if you have air bags you have to remove all that first before you can lower it. Mine personally only has the springs.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Don't forget, the diameter of the wheel doesn't matter, it's the width and the offset.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Jul 31 2003, 03:03 PM
Don't forget, the diameter of the wheel doesn't matter, it's the width and the offset.
So what is the best offset for my Expo? Appreciate the info. Holla back

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by low4ever+Jul 31 2003, 05:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (low4ever @ Jul 31 2003, 05:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Jul 31 2003, 03:03 PM
So what is the best offset for my Expo? Appreciate the info. Holla back[/b][/quote]
I'm not sure about the Expedition. It's just that I heard you mention 20" REVERSE and someone respond with their experience with 22" (possibly standard) and those two wheels have two totally different offsets.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Spokes on an SUV *shakes head*

go with another style of rim partna those rims dont go on that style of car. look into some Lexanis or some like them not pokes try 22s

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Spokes look OK if it's slammed. But spokes on ANY stock height vehicle is... :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm tired of people telling to put some fadish rim on my truck. Everyone has that going on with there shit. I have never seen an expedition on 20's with 35 series tires and deep dish, dropped. That is why i ask the question. With 22's and 24's I know they will fit, but that want give me the look i want when I drop it. Thanks for the info and opinions

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by low4ever@Aug 2 2003, 08:48 PM
I'm tired of people telling to put some fadish rim on my truck. Everyone has that going on with there shit. I have never seen an expedition on 20's with 35 series tires and deep dish, dropped. That is why i ask the question. With 22's and 24's I know they will fit, but that want give me the look i want when I drop it. Thanks for the info and opinions
i seen a couple with 20 inch reverse wires but they were 2wd and the rim didn't stick out look good as fuck.
stay with wires man nothing sets off a ride like them spokes

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by dayton roller+Aug 2 2003, 03:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Aug 2 2003, 03:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--low4ever@Aug 2 2003, 08:48 PM
I'm tired of people telling to put some fadish rim on my truck. Everyone has that going on with there shit. I have never seen an expedition on  20's with 35 series tires and deep dish, dropped. That is why i ask the question. With 22's and 24's I know they will fit, but that want give me the look i want when I drop it. Thanks for the info and opinions
i seen a couple with 20 inch reverse wires but they were 2wd and the rim didn't stick out look good as fuck.
stay with wires man nothing sets off a ride like them spokes[/b][/quote]
Thanks dog! I thought it would look good. I just didn't want those shits sticking out. I have seen it on trucks, but no many suv's

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by low4ever@Aug 2 2003, 04:48 PM
Dammit, I said put spokes on it. But you gotta lower it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS+Aug 3 2003, 06:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS @ Aug 3 2003, 06:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--low4ever@Aug 2 2003, 04:48 PM
I'm tired of people telling to put some fadish rim on my truck. Everyone has that going on with there shit. I have never seen an expedition on  20's with 35 series tires and deep dish, dropped. That is why i ask the question. With 22's and 24's I know they will fit, but that want give me the look i want when I drop it. Thanks for the info and opinions
Dammit, I said put spokes on it. But you gotta lower it.[/b][/quote]
Hey homie I wasn't talking about you. I was talking to the cat talking about lexani's and some bullshit like that. That was my question. Would they stick out and can I lower it. Stay focused homie.j/k I was talking about the other guy. Thanks for the responses

·
Registered
281 Posts
What im saying is you are doing all this lowrider shit to a big ass SUV 20s reversed spokes wtf ?? I undersatnd you wanna be different Spoke look good on cars not big body SUVs

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by low4ever+Aug 3 2003, 09:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (low4ever @ Aug 3 2003, 09:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 06:31 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--low4ever
@Aug 2 2003, 04:48 PM

Dammit, I said put spokes on it. But you gotta lower it.
Hey homie I wasn't talking about you. I was talking to the cat talking about lexani's and some bullshit like that. That was my question. Would they stick out and can I lower it. Stay focused homie.j/k I was talking about the other guy. Thanks for the responses[/b][/quote]
Oops, sorry. :(

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by 87cutlass@Aug 3 2003, 10:10 PM
What im saying is you are doing all this lowrider shit to a big ass SUV 20s reversed spokes wtf ?? I undersatnd you wanna be different Spoke look good on cars not big body SUVs
i totally disagree man spokes look damn good on suv's standard or reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i see suv's in my area with some of the ugliest rims i ever seen in my life on them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts