LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That's what I was wondering.

I have thought about it and decided that it must be to push the back of the car off.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by M-827@Nov 15 2003, 07:07 PM
That's what I was wondering.

I have thought about it and decided that it must be to push the back of the car off.
:confused: I need a diagram or something. I have only seen this once before but on a website and in a H2 I think it was but they didn't install hydraulic cylinders and 4 of them at that. Does this just help sustain satbility within the suspension or does this actually serve a puprpose of adjustments?

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Nov 15 2003, 10:19 PM
the air bags just work like an accumulator as far as i know.
youre wrong you damn canadian..

:0

the bags and cylinders are used like pumps, to displace the fluid..

fill the bags, which in turn forces the rods back into the cylinders, in turn forcing the fluid through the lines and into the cylinders at the wheels..

to drop the car, simply decrease the amount of pressure in the bag..

pretty simple, actually.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 15 2003, 09:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 15 2003, 09:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--skandalouz@Nov 15 2003, 10:19 PM
the air bags just work like an accumulator as far as  i know.

fill the bags, which in turn forces the rods back into the cylinders, in turn forcing the fluid through the lines and into the cylinders at the wheels..

pretty simple, actually.[/b][/quote]
so that set-up is just for your basic front and back app. 4 cylinders for for corners, and 2 bags for front and back. Am I right I hate being wrong about things like this.

Also would the set-up be only as fast as the size in valves for the bags, and inorder to hop, would you still need Co2 or Nitrogen tanks?

For a f/b/s/s and other types of tricks, would you need to plump in 4 bags to 1 cylinders each?

Last question for now, all and all this set-up is very pricey huh?

Sry 216, this type of set-up is VERY new to me and I have so many questions.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
what would be the point of that they still don't lock in place since the bags allow the cylinder to still move freely when deflated

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 15 2003, 09:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 15 2003, 09:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--skandalouz@Nov 15 2003, 10:19 PM

I know, I was just seeing if you actually knew about it, that hasn't shown up for a while. I know it has 8 cylinders! hahahaha :puffin:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 15 2003, 10:15 PM

Damn! And there's me thinking it was designed to push the back of the car off. . . . . :0

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 15 2003, 10:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 15 2003, 10:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--skandalouz@Nov 15 2003, 10:19 PM

i dont appreciate that!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Originally posted by streetlevelcreations+Nov 17 2003, 09:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (streetlevelcreations @ Nov 17 2003, 09:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 15 2003, 10:15 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--skandalouz
@Nov 15 2003, 10:19 PM

pretty simple, actually.

i dont appreciate that!!!!!!![/b][/quote]
Its an inside joke! I am Canadian, he likes sheep! same difference. :0

j/k lol :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts