LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would hope that those of you that know me by now know that I'm always trying to help people in any way that I can.

This is a take off of the Raven SS post you've seen here on the layitlow community.

Well, little Damien Hurtado needs our help desperately. 22 month old Damien has been diagnosed with Hepatoblastoma (liver cancer). He is currently receiving his third chemo therapy. What I have heard, chemo is not a cool thing. He's at the San Diego Balboa Hospital. And by the way, Damien is part of the Nokturnal CC San Deigo family but that really shouldn't matter.

You see, I lost my Son Vincent of a drowing at only 14 month. At their age, what harm have these children caused to anyone. They haven't even had a chance to live. Help me in giving Damien a chance. Let him become a "lowrider" of tomorrow.

His Godfather, Edward Miranda, and I have been talking on the phone. They have scheduled a fundraiser picnic. It will be held Sunday November 18 at Kimball Park in National City. They will be selling food and raffling off gifts which have been donated. Any and all help will be heartfully appreciated.

I got Uniques Car Club of Orange County to donate a boys 20" bike. It will be raffled off. I got La Gente Car Club Del Valle Imperial to make a monetary donation. It will be delivered in person on the day of the picnic. I intend on being there as well but as of yet, I have not decided what I will donate. But be assured, I will donate. Maybe another 20" bike.

They have ordered 1500 wristbands, the kind you saw after the September 11 attack on the twin towers, with Damien's name on it. They would like to sell them for $4.00 a piece but why not help them out by making it an even $5.00. I'll order a couple myself and will wear one until January 1, 2008. Will you join me.

I realize that there are coutntless of stories such as this. This one caught my eye and decided to run with it. For those of you that may be going through similar circumstances, my heart goes out to you.

Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner. I personally have been very blessed with my family and friends such as yourselves that hang out here at the layitlow community throughout 2007. It's time we all "Pass it forward" and be thankful for what we have. Support those toy drives around you. There are several posted right here at layitlow. They are all for a good cause. Help those kids that are in need. Growing up as a kid, I was one of those kids. We were POOR and I never want to forget that.

Anyhow, you guys know who I am and what I stand for.
In behalf of Damien and his family, thank you and God Bless.

Humbly,
Victor "The Trophy Guy" :angel:
310-938-9400

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to thank everyone in advance and want to make a very big request...my son loves hoppers..i usta hop my 94 impala for him in the drive way (and its only on air)but due to the circumstances had to sell my car..I dont know how strict there going to be with this so if we could have like only 1 or 2 hoppers it would really make his day..we got results of his cat scan yesterday when we started his chemo and it should that his tumor is 55.0 percent smaller than we had started and that the surgent had told us in the begining that she wanted it(after 4 sessions of chemo) to be at least 75 percent smaller or she could not help and it is 55 percent after only 2. thank u everyone for u prayers cancer is a horrible thing to live with but and a qoute from the doctor "we can chemo all we want but what has proven to work for children in this situation is happiness...we cant explain it or understand why but we dont question it..so make ur kid happy"

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raven, thanks for this uplifting update on Damien. I will certainly keep him in my prayers. I pray for a quick recovery...

Victor "The Trophy Guy"

·
Og.Member
2,759 Posts
Our Prayers go out to lil Damien get well soon lil homie and for his Parents Stay Strong the Big Man upstairs is watching over all of us

·
Registered
35,336 Posts
Originally posted by Raven SS@Nov 6 2007, 01:25 PM~9168104
I want to thank everyone in advance and want to make a very big request...my son loves hoppers..i usta hop my 94 impala for him in the drive way (and its only on air)but due to the circumstances had to sell my car..I dont know how strict there going to be with this so if we could have like only 1 or 2 hoppers it would really make his day..we got results of his cat scan yesterday when we started his chemo and it should that his tumor is 55.0 percent smaller than we had started and that the surgent had told us in the begining that she wanted it(after 4 sessions of chemo) to be at least 75 percent smaller or she could not help and it is 55 percent after only 2. thank u everyone for u prayers cancer is a horrible thing to live with but and a qoute from the doctor "we can chemo all we want but what has proven to work for children in this situation is happiness...we cant explain it or understand why but we dont question it..so make ur kid happy"

WE ARE PRAYING FOR A FAST RECOVERY, DON'T LOOSE HOPE :cool:

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
WE ARE PRAYING FOR FAST FULL RECOVERY OUR PRAYERS TO YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to introduce to you all my little buddy Damien Jayceon Hurtado.

The beauty of this whole thing is that I really don't think he fully understands what he's dealing with.

Come on gente, pitch in..

Thank you all thus far for your prayers. I assure you that they are all being passed on to him.

·
Premium Member
17,826 Posts
let me know when you get them bands in victor sign me up for 3 and pm on payment details :cool: we're celebrating my sons 2nd birthday this weekend, readin this i cant even imagine the hardship you and your other half are in raven seeing your baby boy in his situation. have faith big homie and happiness as the doctor says cuz theres nothing like watching them smile and laugh. god bless you guys and keep us updated.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happy 2nd Birthday to your Son Ricndaregal. You have a great heart.

You're right! It's a bitch but we have to stay strong. I have three other boys and they need me too.

I'll be honest, not sure how the wristband thing will work. I'll coordinate something with the family and will certainly get back to you..

I'll be at the Old Memories SGV show in Downey on Saturday Nov 10 and at Tustin High Nov 11. Look me up if your around.

Happy Holiday to you and yours.
Victor "The Trophy Guy" :cool:

·
Cruel Intentions
4,110 Posts
:cool: Victor,put me down for five wrist bands."Hang in there LiL Damien!!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ora, CPT Boy, you know who I am and I know who you are. You're down for 5 wristbands. Gracias Big G. Regards to the Little G.

Straight Out Of Compton.....

Happy Holidays loco.

·
Registered
143 Posts
VICTOR,PUT ME DOWN FOR FIVE ALSO. WILL HAVE ONE OF MY MEMBERS HIT YOU UP AT THE TUSTIN SHOW TO GIVE YOU THE MONEY. I WILL BE AT THE BAKERSFIELD CAR SHOW. LIL DAMIEN IS IN OUR PRAYERS. :) ROLLERZ ONLY OC-2-IE

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rollerz Only are in the house too. Gracias. It is much appreciated.

Oh, and just so that everyone knows, check out an email that was sent to me via PM:

---------------
I am researching for a Discovery Channel documentary about the lowrider/car club community. I am looking for some current stories & active participants, perhaps people who will be going to any of the remaining events coming up over the next few months. I know the main season is over, but we are considering filming at the Bakersfield or Odessa shows, and also possibly the Majestics New Years Picnic. Judging from the forums, you seem to be very active on the scene.

I'd realy like to chat with you if you have a few minutes. You can write me back here or call me. At this piont, this is just research - no obligation - I am just hoping to find some interesting
--------------

They're going to be at the Bakersfield show. Make sure you look good for the camera. Her name is Julie and she and I spoke for about 30 minutes. She said she saw my posts everywhere here on layitlow so she decided to write. Pretty damn cool if you ask me..

You guys have fun and my regards to Bigshod.

Thanks again for your support for Damien.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just found out from Damien's Godfather that they have kids, and medium and large adult wristbands.

Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
GOODTIMES Orange County would also like to donate a bike to be raffled off. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Damien and his family :angel:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts