LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about the w7 are they to over rated for the price i know they sound good and look good but is there any other sub out there hitting like it and for cheaper and taking less air space up??

i am asking becuase i want to run 2 w7 8's in my car with a jl 500.1 but i did not know if i can spend less money and have just as good of performance or even better for less money

Last edited by 82onJUICE at Sep 17 2003, 11:52 PM

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Originally posted by 82onJUICE@Sep 17 2003, 09:52 PM
is there any other sub out there hitting like it and for cheaper and taking less air space up??

brahams, xxx, probaly some mmatts or some other there are a ton of subs that are better than w7

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but are are the air hungry?? that is what i am wondering because i dont have alot of space

they want 600.00 for 2 8's

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The Brahma can actually play efficently in a 1.5 cuft enclosure. . . just remember that the smaller the smaller the box, the more power it takes to push. . .

The Brahma has a flatter BL Curve and a higher linear Xmax then the W7 and only cost 360.00. Hell of a better deal, slightly a better sub.

The XXX doesnt have the SQ that the W7 has, but it still has really great SQ, and will get just as loud as the W7 if not louder @ only 400.00 a peice.

There are no MMATS subs that are 'better' then the W7 if your looking for a SQ setup. If you want SPL, the Juggy will shit on the W7.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i only have about 2 cubic feet to put these in and i want it to sound very nice and put out some nice sounding bass i dont want ground shaking bass i want the system more forsq than any thing i want it to sound like you are in the movies

the want to sell me 2 8's for 600.00 that is only 300 each rather than what they usally want to sell them for witch is 400.00 each

i dont know i am trying to find something that will sound good and not take up alot of space and i really dont want to go no bigger than 3 8's

thanks for your input i guess i will go look at some other stuff befor i buy but if i cant get something that sounds as good and peforms as good i might have to get the w7's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts