LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

161 - 180 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pics of the modded box? Mine is rotted and i need to replace it so if i can see urs i can jus get it right one shot
Depending on how tall your rear bag cups are you may or may not have to notch the fuel filler neck box. I cut my rear bag cups so it would sit lower. My buddy has a 64 impala and on 20/22's and he did not have to notch it.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
if you are going to do it do it right. stay away from those tire shops with wheel and tire packages. Sure you could get a set of 26s with tires for the price of some quality 22-24 wheels, but they will look like garbage. If you can't afford billets check out http://racelinewheels.com/c-29-2-piece-billet-custom-wheels.aspx. They have some nice wheels in their clearance section from time to time.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Billet wheels are also aluminum, as wheels with a chrome finish are some type of alloy. Quality plays a roll in the raw materials, craftsmanship, and the finish of the wheels. 3 piece wheels can also be made in just about any offset and width at a cheaper price than billets. I have a set of forged 3piece 24s that were made for my truck with a high positive offset so they would tuck.

·
PIMPIN'AINT DEAD
3,112 Posts
billet wheels are much more lighter and stronger than china mans,chrome wheels usually have poor quality control and is the reason why you sometimes need 20 lead weights on one wheel to balance and on the other about 2-3 of them most...i would personally suggest 3 piece wheels theyre light, strong,endless finishes available,can be made to custom specs unlike billet wheels...
reason i say this is that billet wheels can only play with the offset using hub thickness and backspacing and on 3 piece wheels aside from the hub and offsets, you can swap inner barrels to custom fit any offset or outer lip up to 7 inches wide ...cant do that with billet wheels unless youre fully tubbed

my 24 forgiatos were made to my specs and thats why i can have a 6 inch rear lip and only have a 10 inch wide rim while doing so and nnot having to notch or anything to tuck

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Not 22's but 20's...

·
Registered
480 Posts
I know everyone has different tastes, but I will never be able to wrap my brain around big wheels on an old Impala. It is possibly the most disturbing thing I have seen personally. To each his own I guess... This Chip Foose generation of car modding shit is slowly killing me inside.

·
Registered
480 Posts
who cares about 14s i want to find a 22 that will fit and handle my 400hp
Big wheels + Impala's make me cry inside. I will never get the new-age wheels trends... But I live in a different area, only big wheel runners up in Seattle that I ever see are soccer moms in GM SUV's, and "Bro's" driving their Chrysler 300's around.

161 - 180 of 221 Posts