LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what options I have for some kind of performance in my Regal? It has a 231 and I wanted to know aside from doing an engine swap what options do I have? It has a computer controlled carb so edelbrock and holley told me they cant help me. I don't want to burn the rubber off my 14's I just want more confidence on the highway. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Take off your exhuast, change your spark plugs, and you will feel a big difference. 231's are not to strong, but if you clean them up and take alot of things out of the way, they look good. ;)
Taking off the AC will also give you an extra push.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so get some headers, some high performance plugs and wires, a [email protected] filter, and I thought about getting a better ignition system. What you think Krazy?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
A machine shop can help you with the intake and you can use an aftermarket carb

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
I got the same engine,mines a 83 regal,wit all the emission sh*t, I bought the holley 4bbl carb...an the edelbrock intake manifold..wit the same electric carb...the stuff works...u juz gotta remove the emissions.

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by 85REGAL@Sep 6 2003, 02:42 PM
so get some headers, some high performance plugs and wires, a [email protected] filter, and I thought about getting a better ignition system. What you think Krazy?
Everything will help. Working on the engine is what will give you most out of your engine. :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy Cutty+Sep 9 2003, 05:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Crazy Cutty @ Sep 9 2003, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><[email protected]@Sep 6 2003, 03:44 PM
No A/C,,fuck that shit.  I want the interior in my regal to stay as clean as it is now and not have any sweat stains on it :biggrin:
My A/C WORKS. :biggrin: ;)[/b][/quote]
Mine works too homie and I got the 231 motor ;)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
off the wall question..

how cold is your ACs in your regals?

since my regal came from florida, the ac is worn to hell and back and doesnt put out cold air...

just wondering what it would be like to have an AC..

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
There is a crap load of performance parts made for this motor, you could put a new cam in (I got one for sale), a different intake, carb, headers, 4.1 heads, ignition..... I had a 4.1 bored 90 over..... you do the math, with a crane cam, headers, mallory ignition, ported heads, polished crank, offenhauser intake and a 600 holley...... Like I said there are many options for these motors, dont go waste your money on a sbc.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by BoothuGsta@Sep 9 2003, 10:37 PM
I got the same engine,mines a 83 regal,wit all the emission sh*t, I bought the holley 4bbl carb...an the edelbrock intake manifold..wit the same electric carb...the stuff works...u juz gotta remove the emissions.
did these help your gas milage???

i'm guessing no huh???

i got an 83 regal and i might wanna do this........

oh and torx i think you need to get your a/c recharged with freon.......

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
Originally posted by Torx@Sep 10 2003, 07:12 PM
off the wall question..

how cold is your ACs in your regals?

since my regal came from florida, the ac is worn to hell and back and doesnt put out cold air...

just wondering what it would be like to have an AC..
havent used it in years.
still has the charge though.
it was cold like the north pole. :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts