LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pro's only please, I have a single pump regal on 13z and I wanted to know what I could do to get more power from my motor. I can't afford a 350 right now and need some professional opinions on if I should do headers, cam, intake and 4 bbl carb with MSD ignition. Is it worth it or just suffer till I can get a 350 installed.

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
go with a new intake and carb and sum nice headers .

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Im not a pro but if I were you I would get a small 4 bbl carb 650+/- that way you can reuse it on the next motor, since you know thats what youre doing anyway. But a cam would be the cheapest/best way to wake up the v6.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I never hear any thing good about those engines. I had one in my buick and it blew up. Save for the 350

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
The Buick 231 is a good engine, IF you do the correct things to it...

I've got an air-fed ( ;) ) one that I'd run against any 350 :biggrin: Hit up the Grand National sites for the "before black" areas (those were carbed engines...) They'll give you a good "recipe" to get that fucker churning :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by Eighty Six@Jul 23 2005, 02:12 AM
Im not a pro but if I were you I would get a small 4 bbl carb 650+/- that way you can reuse it on the next motor, since you know thats what youre doing anyway.  But a cam would be the cheapest/best way to wake up the v6.
[snapback]3462620[/snapback]​

yeah but the intake is a 2 bbl so here gonna need an intake too

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Originally posted by ogbrkboy@Jul 26 2005, 08:12 AM
An old mechanic told me you get the most bang for the buck from more fuel.  Bigger intake and carb.
[snapback]3481223[/snapback]​
He's right... It's like a sprinter, more air in, more air out (so don't forget exhaust ;) )

·
Registered
16,520 Posts
Originally posted by ALOW1@Jul 26 2005, 10:00 AM
I'll take $50 plus shipping for my Offenhauser, or I'll take $25 plus shipping for my factory 4 barrel aluminum intake  :cool:
[snapback]3481175[/snapback]​

what the fuck is an offenhouser?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts