LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the intake was on the car when i got it, but only had a single Carter YF on it. the ends were capped off. had the three Rochester B's in the trunk. got new old stock rebuild kits and new floats for them. going to adjust the soldered ears on the throttle linkage to be exactly same. right now its hard to get a low idle cause its at 0-10-20 degree increments or so. starving the engine out. tachs up VERY quick and the engine which is now at about 9:1 should really like the setup. havent decided on air or coolant heating of the manifold for better fuel atomization. the end carb taking all the vacuum signal is icey compared to the other 2 being warm... these tri power setups are touchy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Sep 13 2005, 11:30 PM~3809607
the intake was on the car when i got it, but only had a single Carter YF on it. the ends were capped off. had the three Rochester B's in the trunk. got new old stock rebuild kits and new floats for them. going to adjust the soldered ears on the throttle linkage to be exactly same. right now its hard to get a low idle cause its at 0-10-20 degree increments or so. starving the engine out. tachs up VERY quick and the engine which is now at about 9:1 should really like the setup. havent decided on air or coolant heating of the manifold for better fuel atomization. the end carb taking all the vacuum signal is icey compared to the other 2 being warm... these tri power setups are touchy!
so ive heard! i know this guy who set up this gauge (barometer?) using inches of water to measure the vacuum on each carb and equal it out. i forget how it looks, but it was a cool setup. good luck with it :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got a Dwyer Magnahelic Differential Pressure guage to try out on it, might be fun! or not.... but its all good.... it will be worth it in the end!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,758 Posts
I'm running 2 deuces on my 235... (No posting pics till she's done, haha) Offy 2 intake, 2 weber deuces, and Fenton split header... Should get some good muffler rap :biggrin:
 

·
SPELL CHECK
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Isn't a true "Tri-Power" as it was called by GM three 2-bbl. carburetors, like the Six-Pak (Dodge) and +6 (Plymouth)? And two 2-bbl. carbs definitely isn't a Tri-Power.

Not trying to start shit, just throwing it out there for discussion....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by undr8ed@Sep 14 2005, 01:30 PM~3812710
I'm running 2 deuces on my 235...  (No posting pics till she's done, haha)  Offy 2 intake, 2 weber deuces, and Fenton split header...  Should get some good muffler rap  :biggrin:
are those up, down, side draft??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tri-power is generally 3 carbs of any variety, in increments as to open in thirds depending on throttle.. most of the time one middle carb feeds (and is choked) while the other two come on during WOT or high rpm to help feed the cylinders more evenly ( and better MPG) but tri power doesnt denote a 1 or 2 or 4 bbl carb, just that there's 3 mouths to feed under the hood
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
quit holdin out bitch! i posted mine with no tops :0 :biggrin: :uh: i'm gonna fab an air cleaner setup somehow....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,758 Posts
Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Sep 15 2005, 07:36 PM~3824884
quit holdin out bitch! i posted mine with no tops  :0  :biggrin:  :uh: i'm gonna fab an air cleaner setup somehow....
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: There's still a little left to do... There'll be pics here REAL soon ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Sep 15 2005, 02:04 AM~3818170
tri-power is generally 3 carbs of any variety, in increments as to open in thirds depending on throttle.. most of the time one middle carb feeds (and is choked) while the other two come on during WOT or high rpm to help feed the cylinders more evenly ( and better MPG) but tri power doesnt denote a 1 or 2 or 4 bbl carb, just that there's 3 mouths to feed under the hood
:cool: :cool: :cool:

is that always done by the length of the linkages?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah there's linkages that move a certain amount and are dependent on #1 making #2 move and # 2 making #3 move, like a domino effect. mine isnt linked like a v8 traditionally is, the arms are between the carbs and not at the ends all in a row. mine uses a rod with 3 ears to connect, and they werent all at the same degree on the rod, so i gotta move them to open all carbs at once in same percentage.... pretty crude method but it does work. decided not to go progressive link since the bases all open the same and do not go 100% shut on the end carbs, plus, considering the lengths of the intake runners, basing it off the middle carb doesnt feed the engine smoothly enough to have the end carbs come on demand. it shouldnt be hard to get it all idling and running smooth once i move all 3 ears to one degree setting on the rod. some soldering and its done!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top