LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 1970 buick skylark droptop sitting on 22 inch knockoffs with 285 30 22 tires now my question is can i fit 24 inch rims since i thought it was impossible until i saw that 91 chevy on 24's i now believe anything is possbile now i had to get my ride lifted with airshocks in the back and 454 springs up front. i dont scrape now last week i bought some 22 inch flats on 265 35 22 tires and they wouldnt clear in the back so whats up with that why do the knockoffs fit but not the flats is it cuz of the higher series tires? i need to know asap cuz i want 24's bad oh by the way i had to cut thefront wheel wells wider just to make the spokes fit

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THATS WHAT I NEED TO KNOW I SPENT SOME LOOT JUST TO GET THE DUCES ON SO WHAT DO I NEED FOR 24'S I Want to be the first cat up here rolling on 24's on a car my boy has a 70 droptop cutluss on 23 inch flats but he already had dueces on the cutty so it wasnt much of a difference ya i know the wheels on a cutty are wider than a skylarks but i had that problem fixed by cutting the wheel well.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Originally posted by big baller@Jan 13 2004, 11:46 PM
hey i have a 1970 buick skylark droptop sitting on 22 inch knockoffs with 285 30 22 tires now my question is can i fit 24 inch rims since i thought it was impossible until i saw that 91 chevy on 24's i now believe anything is possbile now i had to get my ride lifted with airshocks in the back and 454 springs up front. i dont scrape now last week i bought some 22 inch flats on 265 35 22 tires and they wouldnt clear in the back so whats up with that why do the knockoffs fit but not the flats is it cuz of the higher series tires? i need to know asap cuz i want 24's bad oh by the way i had to cut thefront wheel wells wider just to make the spokes fit
IT PROBALY IS CAUSE THE OFF SET ON THE WIRES IS DIFFERRENT FROM THE ALLOY CHECK THE BACK SPACE FROM CENTER OF RIM ON THE ALLOY TO LIP AND THEN CHECK THE SAME ON THE WIRE.IT'S A SKINNER TIRE BUT TALLER SIDE WALL SO THAT MAY CAUSE A LITTLE RUBBING ALSO.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that makes since cause i bought them from my boy and he had them on a 92 heavy chevy but the bolt pattern fits cuz its universal but im gonna stick with spokes for my skylark cuz its old school plus the crome set my ride off perfect 24's are either gonna fit it not

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Originally posted by big baller@Jan 14 2004, 12:27 AM
that makes since cause i bought them from my boy and he had them on a 92 heavy chevy but the bolt pattern fits cuz its universal but im gonna stick with spokes for my skylark cuz its old school plus the crome set my ride off perfect 24's are either gonna fit it not
lets see some pics of both yours and the 70 drop!

hook it up!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right now im on a laptop but i will get some on by next week for sure

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
seems you need to lift your ride up some and do some modifying of the wheel wells, and maybe

get 13s :biggrin:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hope you joking about 13's not to knock them cuz i had all that before from 13 bolt on to 15 inch knockoff but for real if i had juice then 13 or 14's in a heartbeat but im rolling on the big ones right now

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
true dat but every summer i come out with something different i still have a set of 72 spoke all gold daytons from way back in 1995 and im keeping forever because they where my first set of daytons 13'7s beat up but still real daytons with the dayton emblem stamped in

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
`13's and jucie :biggrin:

Just my opinion ;)

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by big baller@Jan 14 2004, 06:23 AM
i hope you joking about 13's not to knock them cuz i had all that before from 13 bolt on to 15 inch knockoff but for real if i had juice then 13 or 14's in a heartbeat but im rolling on the big ones right now
man them old school ride can't roll nothing but 13's or 14's juice or not.
24's look retarded on them old school ride period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
holy smokes what is this the clone forum ....Suddenly were all civic drivers with the exact same mods. Part of being a car enthusiast is to break molds not to be a carbon copy that being said ..
Im building a 75 linc mk4 on 18's and air bags ..

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
a while back someone posted a car with 26s and it looked nasty those are not lowriders those monster cars and I hate when they do that to a car. :angry:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts