LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
cut that shit out, we do it on s-10s all the time which are the same front end as a g-body(regal cutty grand prix etc) the extra little bit of steel wont matter and youll be glad you did it. its only a 1/2" on each side of the bag, so its not very much. just cut that bitch out and put the big bag in! :cool:

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
So 2600# bags are only an inch wider overall (1/2" on each side)??

The back of my lac has 2500# but i want more lift. Plus it takes a ton of pressure to lift it in compared with the front. I don't think I have a half an inch on each side to spare though. Do they make triple convolted 2500#s?????

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'd look into some other brands of bags. The Firestone bags expand outward a bit when inflated. I learned that the hard way with my Ram. I had to go back and do some cutting. Slam Specialties bags and the Air Lift Gen II Extreme bags have less outward expansion so you can get the extra lift without needing to cut.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by shorty 2low@Nov 1 2003, 11:51 PM
would a 2600 bag make alot of diffrence than a 2500 bag on the front of my regal(307)?
Yea it'd take longer to fill LoL

You really dont need anyhting more than 25's all around unless you get some monster 350+ engine in it.

Or you plan on hoppin, but we all know firestones dont do so well under pressure :uh:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I prefer to run 2600s in the front. While it does take more air to fill the bag it isnt a noticable differance because the added diameter allows the air to accumulate in the overall area and lift the weight easier. Tghe benefit is in ride quality. The more room air has to expand the better its gonna ride

1 - 8 of 8 Posts