LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys, i am looking at a 81 monte for sale and it has a 267 in it, since i am a Ford Man i do not know very much about small block chevys except they break down all the time and are slow lol, but i wont be driving this car ( my sisters) so it doesnt matter to me how sloe it goes. but anyways i was wondering what there is to look for in the engines so i dont get stuck with a POS engine and have to put a 302 or a 351 in it lol j/k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,920 Posts
the 267 isn't powerful but ya can't kill the fuckers......i ran mine with like a litre of oil in it for months and it still ran strong till the day i got rid of the car.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what i like to here, it is gonna be a lolo so power isnt a biggie, i'm more for reliablilty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48@Oct 2 2003, 09:05 PM
that is what i like to here, it is gonna be a lolo so power isnt a biggie, i'm more for reliablilty
If you are putting hydraulics on it then don't plan on having too many batteries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,700 Posts
I had a 267 in my Fullsize Chevy Longbed pick up, with 2 pumps and 6 batterys, it was in there for about 10 years. I had a turbo 350 hooked to it and was running 14's on it, I never had any problems with it and it ran fine on the highway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ALOW1@Oct 3 2003, 12:04 AM
One quick question since I am curious...... your name stands for 1948 Chevy Stylemaster I assume, but yet your a Ford guy?
i have been born and raised on Fords but the 47-48 chevys are badass. i'm currently building a 48 stylemaster, first GM product i have ever owned
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,481 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48+Oct 3 2003, 07:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (old_school_48 @ Oct 3 2003, 07:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1@Oct 3 2003, 12:04 AM
One quick question since I am curious...... your name stands for 1948 Chevy Stylemaster I assume, but yet your a Ford guy?
i have been born and raised on Fords but the 47-48 chevys are badass. i'm currently building a 48 stylemaster, first GM product i have ever owned[/b][/quote]
if your building a chevy then your coming back to your sences :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by westrides+Oct 3 2003, 10:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (westrides @ Oct 3 2003, 10:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 07:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1
@Oct 3 2003, 12:04 AM
One quick question since I am curious...... your name stands for 1948 Chevy Stylemaster I assume, but yet your a Ford guy?

i have been born and raised on Fords but the 47-48 chevys are badass. i'm currently building a 48 stylemaster, first GM product i have ever owned
if your building a chevy then your coming back to your sences :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
what if i told u it had a 351 in it? lol j'k it has a buick rocket 350 in it, but i have been tmepted just to piss off all u damn chevy 350 losers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,248 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48+Oct 3 2003, 11:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (old_school_48 @ Oct 3 2003, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 3 2003, 07:13 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--ALOW1
@Oct 3 2003, 12:04 AM
One quick question since I am curious...... your name stands for 1948 Chevy Stylemaster I assume, but yet your a Ford guy?

i have been born and raised on Fords but the 47-48 chevys are badass. i'm currently building a 48 stylemaster, first GM product i have ever owned

if your building a chevy then your coming back to your sences :biggrin:
what if i told u it had a 351 in it? lol j'k it has a buick rocket 350 in it, but i have been tmepted just to piss off all u damn chevy 350 losers[/b][/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:cool: ,

cc
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top