LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k going with a faster setup next year 1/2 valves and line which i have now, GC valves and slams all the way around, the front goes up like a mutha now as it is but the back is slower, i have my main leaf in with the overload, I seen a yota hopping pretty high with mono leaf and also a silverado but with a 2 link, does the monoleaf restrict speed????....i have like 300lbs of extra stereo and shit in the back as you can see in pics i have previously posted and that also has something to do with it but I am planning to do a cantilever 2 link, just wonndering if it will give me less restriction so it moves more freely and will i be able to do better side to side?....someone help me out, thanks all

·
Registered
203 Posts
id go with a 3-link or a 4-link they give better range of motion and keep the pinon angle better alinged. are you going to use your rig for a daily driver or just for weekends

·
Registered
265 Posts
a two link wont let you do a good side to side actiona three link is crap it pulls your rear end from side to side when u adjust the hight go with a triangulated four link .U will be happy with it im gonna switch to a four reallly soon :biggrin: and yes the leaf springs to hold you back from speed

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by 1lorodeo@Nov 20 2003, 12:08 PM
it is my daily summer ride and i want to get some good lift out if it, like cantilever, ride is an important issue too
placing bags nearer pivot point of link bars ( at frame )
will give u shit loads of lift..

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by jjj+Nov 20 2003, 04:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jjj @ Nov 20 2003, 04:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1lorodeo@Nov 20 2003, 12:08 PM
it is my daily summer ride and i want to get some good lift out if it, like cantilever, ride is an important issue too

[/b][/quote]
but putting them there also requires more pressure to lift....

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by jjj+Nov 20 2003, 06:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jjj @ Nov 20 2003, 06:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1lorodeo@Nov 20 2003, 12:08 PM

[/b][/quote]
1 question if you dont mind

this is an example of _ link?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
looks like a cantilever 4 link to me, with a razor blade on the driver side tire for doing lines of coke :)

Last edited by 1lorodeo at Nov 21 2003, 04:09 PM

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by 1lorodeo@Nov 21 2003, 07:08 AM
looks like a cantilever 4 link to me, with a razor blade on the driver side tire for doing lines of coke :)
not a true cantilever, but yes it is a triangulated 4 link, i like it tho it is a lil skinny i would have built the notch and box frame out of all 2" -O- tubing if your goung to make it that skinny. looks a little light also whose is that ??

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i noticed it was a bit thin on teh framing and those tubes may need some more support especially where the bag is....i have seen that pic b4 dont remember where

1 - 13 of 13 Posts