LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if mini coils are made in any different color beides yellow? That's all I was ever able to find. Chrome too if possible...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by MR. BUICK@Sep 4 2006, 10:02 PM~6105239
Does anyone know if mini coils are made in any different color beides yellow? That's all I was ever able to find. Chrome too if possible...
I had some 3/4 mini's from Reds that were baby blue and before that I had some from showtime that were a dark red (almost black).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Sep 4 2006, 10:04 PM~6105263
I had some 3/4 mini's from Reds that were baby blue and before that I had some from showtime that were a dark red (almost black).
Cool, thanks man. At least now I know there's something out there besides God awful yellow! I'm looking for a darker blue or chrome, wish me luck! :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,015 Posts
I got some black ones from pro hopper and some rusty ones from 216 boriqua.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by DuezPaid@Sep 4 2006, 11:09 PM~6105662
I got some black ones from pro hopper and some rusty ones from 216 boriqua.
Yeah, I just saw those on their website. I'll pick those up as a last resort. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,814 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631@Sep 5 2006, 09:21 PM~6112629
rattle can.... :biggrin:

yup fa sho,lol my mach 3's were pink i was'nt having that so i took some aircraft paint stripper then spray painted them blue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Sep 5 2006, 08:37 PM~6112762
yup fa sho,lol my mach 3's were pink i was'nt having that so i took some aircraft paint stripper then spray painted them blue
Didn't that shit just chip off and crack in the first few hops?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by HydroCutlass86@Sep 6 2006, 12:54 AM~6113961
nope there still blue,lol,i painted them a long time ago too
Hmmm...so can you tell me the steps you took? You stripped them, then painted them, then did you use clear? Also, what kind of paint? Thanks again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
whats the ride like on these with no shocks on a lighter weight car (FWD style of car)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by r_three_one@Sep 28 2006, 10:23 PM~6268460
whats the ride like on these with no shocks on a lighter weight car (FWD style of car)?
Still rough as fuck..especially without shocks in the rear. :biggrin:
 

·
over it
Joined
·
6,640 Posts
There are a lot more options for mini coils than what hydro companies offer. Check out www.colemanracing.com, look for coil over springs. They come in a few different dia. and several different lengths. You can also get a very wide range of spring rates. The rate equals how many pounds it takes to compress the coil 1", 300lb will take 300lbs to compress 1" and so on. The Hypercoils brand is a very high quality but the other still work well. Running the longest spring possible for you application will also improve ride quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,015 Posts
Originally posted by r_three_one@Sep 28 2006, 11:23 PM~6268460
whats the ride like on these with no shocks on a lighter weight car (FWD style of car)?
In the front they ride alright I put half of a 2 ton full size in my girls fwd and it rides way better. in the back a stock honda coil with shocks works good.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top