LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
firestones are rated to 150...

slams are rated up to 450... if you pick the right ones...

but, even with a 12 gallon tank at 175PSI...

if I hit my front up, the most pressure they see is 135PSI, due to the volume of the bags...

the backs will see a good 150 though, shorter lines to fill...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Originally posted by BeerMonkeY@Aug 24 2003, 11:22 AM
let me see if i got this right? i can have bags with 3/8 port and use 3/8 valve and 1/2 line, right. how does that cork looking thing work on the dumps. doesit just plug up the port a little to slow down the air?
The cork things are just mufflers. They may slow down the airflow a lil but theyre really not needed unless you dont want anyoe to hear your bags. I dont like them because the air coming out is what makes everyone turn their heads when you hit the switch. I personally have 3/8" dumps and 1/2" lifts on my van. Depending on the psi im running when I hit the switch up my van will get about a quarter of an inch off the ground. Which may not be a lot to the guys with hydraulics, but it just gives you an example of how fast it pops up. But my dumps are nice and smooth. Theyre fairly quick but slow enough so I can adjust the heights nicely.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah, kinda makes it a little hard to drive everyday, but i deal with it, just gotta keep the pressure down. Its all cause i'm running lots of valves, four 3/4" valves lift the front four 1/2" dump the front and four 3/8" valves lift the back and two 3/4" dump the back. Then i run dual 3/4" lines to each bag using dual 1/2" port slam specialties bags.

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
same here that's how my ride was before i switched it up cuz i had a broken motor mount and my motor was basically just sitting on the frame but damn that's alotta shit you have going on there
good job

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by baggednissan@Aug 26 2003, 01:35 PM
all depends on pressure and flow i guess, when i hit mine up on 200psi i get about 5 inches off the ground.
mine goes full up with a tap... no air usually though...

well, when I do sides, I get a few inches....

·
Registered
650 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Aug 26 2003, 03:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Aug 26 2003, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Bumps N Jumps@Aug 26 2003, 01:25 PM
I dont like them because the air coming out is what makes everyone turn their heads when you hit the switch.
theyre turning their heads because it sounds like shit...

trust me,[/b][/quote]
The hydraulic guys mmight be turning theyre heads cus it sounds like shit, but Ive never got a complaint yet. Its always do it some more.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Bumps N Jumps+Aug 26 2003, 11:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bumps N Jumps @ Aug 26 2003, 11:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 26 2003, 03:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Bumps N Jumps
@Aug 26 2003, 01:25 PM
I dont like them because the air coming out is what makes everyone turn their heads when you hit the switch.

theyre turning their heads because it sounds like shit...

trust me,
The hydraulic guys mmight be turning theyre heads cus it sounds like shit, but Ive never got a complaint yet. Its always do it some more.[/b][/quote]
really, because when I turn my head at some loud ass exhaust valves, its because they sound poopy..

thats all you hear on minitrucks and shit...

Just my opinion...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts