LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you hit sides with a 3 link without twising anything up? it seems like it would want to twist the axle, bend the 2 forward bars or somthing like that.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
it minimizes side2side action due to that what you said...its one link too few

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does, but i want to get more lift than putting te bag on the axle will give me. my front locks all the way up and i have to get the rear at least as high as the back. isn your linc bagged? how high does the rear get up?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I mounted my bags on the axle like an impala right now and it gets pretty good lift like a 8-10" cylinder. It's almost like a cantilever but not quite. You could probibly make a big ass cantilever even by using the regular trailing arm mounts. Like when they want to get hoppers to go super high in the back they extend the upper and lower trailing arms. That's what I'm probibly going to do this spring to get more height too. This way also your driveshaft angle won't go off and you won't get that grinding noise when you lock up.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I meant that I have them mounted on the trailing arm right now, like an impala.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wanted to do that with mine but i didnt see how i could mount the bags on the arms because the uppers would get in the way of the bag mount it looked like. im doing a triangulated 4-link with about 30" long bars. i already got the factory shit all out of the way and im plating the inside of the frame right now. the whole floor where the back seat was is gone now to make room for the bags and bars. oh well, back to work. ill post some pics tommorrow maybe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts