LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a chance to pick up a new 3 pump set up and 6 batts..to make my pumps last the longest would it be best to put 2 to the nose and one to rear or the what?? the guy i'm buyin them from says the rear will weigh more then the front after everything is installed but i think the front will still weigh more....any advice on this..i never had a set up before. and its going in an 83 buick regal

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i thought this would be an easy one for u guys..

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody?

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this car is a daily and i was just looking to get the most hrs and life out of my pumps and batts..

·
Registered
495 Posts
I would use 2 pumps and keep the other as a spare... If its a daily keep it simple and clean.... just my opinion :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea but wouldn't 2 pumps on whatever part of the car is heavier be less wear and tear on the pumps and help my batts to last a lil longer between charges??

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 19 2006, 09:46 PM~6207606
yea but wouldn't 2 pumps on whatever part of the car is heavier be less wear and tear on the pumps and help my batts to last a lil longer between charges??
HOW WOULD THEY LAST LONGER IF YOUR USING 2 PUMPS VS JUST USING 1 PUMP.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it would be less stress on the pumps if there is 2 of them doing the work that one would do..2 pumps can lift the front easier then one.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 19 2006, 08:38 PM~6207562
well this car is a daily and i was just looking to get the most hrs and life out of my pumps and batts..
honestly if u wanted to be positive and allow good 3 wheeling id lead it in the battery rack a lil but not a whole lot if its a daily so its ur call if you want practicality over 3 wheeling... id go with 3 wheeling :cool: u still comin to reno? :cool:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nah no 3wheeling! just up and down..just want to have batts last as long as they can between charges and pumps last as long as they can without wearing out..run each pump at 24v?? ya last time i was over there was hot august nights?? whats going on over there? i was gonna get a job at a warehouse there but they test ur hair for the drug test and it shows yr from over a yr ago :( i smoked weed last month lol

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 19 2006, 09:11 PM~6207772
nah no 3wheeling! just up and down..just want to have batts last as long as they can between charges and pumps last as long as they can without wearing out..run each pump at 24v?? ya last time i was over there was hot august nights?? whats going on over there? i was gonna get a job at a warehouse there but they test ur hair for the drug test and it shows yr from over a yr ago :( i smoked weed last month lol
oh well fool if u dont wanna 3 wheel id do 2 gates and 3 batts to each pump if its a daily cause u wouldent wanna be hopping it too high any way... but fool u i know u can get a job down here... goddamn those hair tests lol, i know how goes....
i just got a 71 lincoln continental this shits mint too homie, im putting a color
bar and wires on it this weekend... so i havent been cruising much... :cool: but i gotta before it starts getting cold lol :cool:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Sep 21 2006, 07:40 PM~6220584
oh well fool if u dont wanna 3 wheel id do 2 gates and 3 batts to each pump if its a daily cause u wouldent wanna be hopping it too high any way
That would be your best bet. :biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts