LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone got any experience with this...i was curious. what if i was to take and put one pump per front cyl ....then run another to both cyls does that make sense all the same gear sizesi think thats how the wash caddy was set up with a 5 pump set up? :uh:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Dec 18 2003, 09:00 PM
has anyone got any experience with this...i was curious. what if i was to take and put one pump per front cyl ....then run another to both cyls does that make sense all the same gear sizesi think thats how the wash caddy was set up with a 5 pump set up? :uh:
DID SOMEBODY EVER BUY THAT CADDY I HEARD IT WAS UP FOR GRABBS
BY THE WAY THATS A GOOD QUESTION.

·
Registered
407 Posts
there was a big body caddy from spokane that had 3 pumps under the hood. And 2 in the trunk. the owner is on this forum his name is grumpy. hit him up

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Originally posted by caprice man@Dec 18 2003, 09:27 PM
there was a big body caddy from spokane that had 3 pumps under the hood. And 2 in the trunk. the owner is on this forum his name is grumpy. hit him up
Grump had three pumps he dropped one because nobody has three pumps to compete with, it does just the same with double pump.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by LOWCOS C.C.+Dec 18 2003, 08:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LOWCOS C.C. @ Dec 18 2003, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--caprice man@Dec 18 2003, 09:27 PM
there was a big body caddy from spokane that had 3 pumps under the hood.  And 2 in the trunk.  the owner is on this forum his name is grumpy.  hit him up
Grump had three pumps he dropped one because nobody has three pumps to compete with, it does just the same with double pump.[/b][/quote]
I think it does better with double pumps

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
3pumps to the nose doesn't do any better than double pumps, shit some singles do better!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Here's one that we did for a customer... He wanted three pumps to the nose badly. It responded surper quick but I don't think too much more responsive than two pumps to the front do. I've been trying to talk him into reconfiguring his setup after it gets finished with paint and body.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Originally posted by Envious Touch@Dec 19 2003, 03:00 AM
Here's one that we did for a customer... He wanted three pumps to the nose badly. It responded surper quick but I don't think too much more responsive than two pumps to the front do. I've been trying to talk him into reconfiguring his setup after it gets finished with paint and body.

:uh:
That can't be safe.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by Envious Touch@Dec 19 2003, 12:00 AM

you have any other pics of this r u only using the 2 prohopper dumps on the outer pumps or do u have anothe big dump in there??

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY+Dec 19 2003, 02:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BIGTONY @ Dec 19 2003, 02:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Envious Touch@Dec 19 2003, 12:00 AM
you have any other pics of this r u only using the 2 prohopper dumps on the outer pumps or do u have anothe big dump in there??[/b][/quote]
I have plenty of pictures of that vehicle... what would you like to see?
BTW those are not Pro-Hopper valves.

·
Registered
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by Envious Touch+Dec 20 2003, 10:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Envious Touch @ Dec 20 2003, 10:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2003, 02:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Envious Touch
@Dec 19 2003, 12:00 AM

you have any other pics of this r u only using the 2 prohopper dumps on the outer pumps or do u have anothe big dump in there??
BTW those are not Pro-Hopper valves.[/b][/quote]
yes i would like ot see more sorry they look like the prohopper dumps deltas what ever u want to call them r those theonly dumps u have running the front??? plus the motor end caps look like older prohopper too so i figured they where prohopper dups opps my bad ;)

Last edited by BIGTONY at Dec 21 2003, 01:41 AM

·
Registered
544 Posts
the way it is plumbed seems real restictive

could you turn the y block around and go in the top with the
third pump with one out to the front to another y block

good work dont get me wrong just contimplating the flow increase

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by lowlow90@Dec 21 2003, 04:12 AM
the way it is plumbed seems real restictive

could you turn the y block around and go in the top with the
third pump with one out to the front to another y block

good work dont get me wrong just contimplating the flow increase
Actually if you were to go in through the top the fluid would have to make two 90-degree turns; I set it up with a straight shot (no 90 or 45 degree fittings) to prevent any decrease in flow. Actually we are having one block machined to eliminate the three Y-blocks.

Thanks for the compliment. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by BIGTONY+Dec 21 2003, 03:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BIGTONY @ Dec 21 2003, 03:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Envious [email protected] 20 2003, 10:35 PM

yes i would like ot see more sorry they look like the prohopper dumps deltas what ever u want to call them r those theonly dumps u have running the front??? plus the motor end caps look like older prohopper too so i figured they where prohopper dups opps my bad ;)[/b][/quote]
The two valves on the opposite ends are the only valves used for the front; they are Hydroforce valves, as you can see the solenoids are much larger so they never overlock.

Here are a couple more pic's:

Last edited by Envious Touch at Dec 21 2003, 11:34 PM

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by Envious Touch+Dec 21 2003, 11:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Envious Touch @ Dec 21 2003, 11:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by -Envious [email protected] 20 2003, 10:35 PM

yes i would like ot see more sorry they look like the prohopper dumps deltas what ever u want to call them r those theonly dumps u have running the front??? plus the motor end caps look like older prohopper too so i figured they where prohopper dups opps my bad ;)
The two valves on the opposite ends are the only valves used for the front; they are Hydroforce valves, as you can see the solenoids are much larger so they never overlock.

Here are a couple more pic's:

[/b][/quote]
THATS A KICK ASS 3 HOMIE

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by 77CADDY@Dec 21 2003, 11:36 PM

THATS A KICK ASS 3 HOMIE
Thanks,

That's a standing 3 (without a chain bridge).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by Envious Touch+Dec 21 2003, 11:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Envious Touch @ Dec 21 2003, 11:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--77CADDY@Dec 21 2003, 11:36 PM

THATS A KICK ASS 3 HOMIE
Thanks,

That's a standing 3 (without a chain bridge).[/b][/quote]
I JUST PUT SOME 14S IN THE BACK OF MY CADDY I HOPE IT STAND A PRETTY GOOD THREE, I HAVENT TRYED IT YET BECAUSE I WENT FROM A 3 PUMP TO A 4 AND I HAVENT GOT MY BIG PUMPHEAD SEALS IN YET, SO I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO LIFT MY FRONT, BUT WITH MY FRONT ALL THE WAY DOWN AND ONE BACK CYLINDER UP MY FRONT IS OFF THE GROUND 4 INCHES, I CANT WAIT TO TRY IT , ITS BEEN 3 WEAKS I HAVENTHIT SWITCHES ITS LIKE THE FIRST TIME ALL OVER AGAIN. "EXCITED"

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Originally posted by peteypablo+Dec 19 2003, 02:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peteypablo @ Dec 19 2003, 02:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Envious Touch@Dec 19 2003, 03:00 AM

That can't be safe.[/b][/quote]
i would get hard lines! if a line busts it can easily fuck you up bad that oil comes out extremely fast! But the Zeet Zeet has to sound bad knowing its right behind your head! plus if you motor sticks its right there!lol

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Originally posted by bigjaydogg+Dec 22 2003, 12:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigjaydogg @ Dec 22 2003, 12:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 19 2003, 02:46 AM
@Dec 19 2003, 03:00 AM

That can't be safe.
i would get hard lines! if a line busts it can easily fuck you up bad that oil comes out extremely fast! But the Zeet Zeet has to sound bad knowing its right behind your head! plus if you motor sticks its right there!lol[/b][/quote]
Actually there wont be anyone skying that car from the inside, it's hopped with an extended switch panel from the outside. The car was built as a floater and maybe to sit-up on back bumper; definitely don't want to be inside if it stands.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts