LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey wat up homies. wanna c some of ur opions on wat coils to run in my 84 regal. its a single pump 3/8 port, rockford pumphead, 1/2 check, adex, y-block, 3/8 hose 8 inch strokes, 8 batteries, with a v-8, 1in arm extended a-arms. i have some 4 tons in it rite now but a couple of homies say 3 tons r the way to go. this is my first set up so any help will help out. thankx :cool:

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
u wanna hop it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
brokin in 3 1/2 are the way to go, and are you running all 8 batteries? you might want to if your not to compress those jammers homie, and if you have a 3/8 port block stick with a competition 3/8 parker check valve to keep your pressure even, but if you don,t have one run your 1/2 checker, are you running the numer 8 hose or the 6 I forgot what the call it in, wait there,s 3/8 and then the smaller 1/4 right?
let me know how that comes out or post some pictures of that car when you get it going the way you want, thanks

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i already hopping it. i jus learning how to hit the switch jus right. i am running all 8 batts. i have a1/2 parker check. all i know is that is the hose size is 3/8. i got my hoime film my car hopping but still learning how to hit it. i post the vid once my hoime post it to me. i figured some 3 tons with 4 of 4 1/2 turns would work better.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
4 tons should work good i think, i would say your best upgrade would be to get a 3/4" block, check, and then a 3/4" to dual 1/2" y block, then run your 3/8 hoses(#6) to the nose.

and maybe get a marz #9 gear.

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Sep 16 2007, 09:42 PM~8805386
4 tons should work good i think, i would say your best upgrade would be to get a 3/4" block, check, and then a 3/4" to dual 1/2" y block, then run your 3/8 hoses(#6) to the nose.

and maybe get a marz #9 gear.
no need for all that..........

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4qgy1z5 :cool:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would love for my ride to get off like that, but like i said b4, im new to tha switch but from tha other lowriders here where i live they say its looks like im hittin maybe 20 inch( give a take a few) but i was out fuckin around and bent my upper a-arm. i post the vid of my ride as soon as i get it from my homie but he is at work. hey mufasa, love ur ride homie, its off tha hook. hopefully i get my ride like that here pretty soon. :cool:

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by 1lo84regal@Sep 16 2007, 10:41 PM~8805904
i would love for my ride to get off like that, but like i said b4, im new to tha switch but from tha other lowriders here where i live they say its looks like im hittin maybe 20 inch( give a take a few) but i was out fuckin around and bent my upper a-arm. i post the vid of my ride as soon as i get it from my homie but he is at work. hey mufasa, love ur ride homie, its off tha hook. hopefully i get my ride like that here pretty soon.  :cool:
thanx......but u do know that blue regal isnt mine right.??........thats the homies car i did .......

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
a few things i would suggest would be 4 1/2 ton precompressed coils MBQ's since u have a v-8 motor u definately got some weight up front. and im praying the front end is reinforced or think about gettin another car soon lol. u could do the uppers 1.5 inches to 2 inches if u like. i dont think dropping down to 3 tons would be the way to go since u got a v 8 in there and hopefully some reinforcement those coils would bottom out around 30 inches give or take a few unless u run a mini coil inside.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea mufasa i know that not ur ride, ur cutty i was talkin bout, its sweet homie. i dont have reinforcements yet. but it is in progress, jus gotta make some time to do it. my job has me on call 24 hours so its hard to start workin on it then have to stop to go to work.

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
Originally posted by 1lo84regal@Sep 17 2007, 03:27 PM~8810708
yea mufasa i know that not ur ride, ur cutty i was talkin bout, its sweet homie. i dont have reinforcements yet. but it is in progress, jus gotta make some time to do it. my job has me on call 24 hours so its hard to start workin on it then have to stop to go to work.
thanx for the props.............pm me if u want...i'll help u get things working....... :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts