LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 96 lac and want to stand a high 3 wheel..Im running 3 pumps,2 ton springs, with 14 inch strokes.. what my question is whats the best way to deal with pinion angles?? keep in mind I want two keep the susp. looking as stock as posibble for looks...so wether it be stretch the trailing arms? how far?? drop bracketts?? how far to drop????drive line shortended??how much???? and as far as reinforcement it has all been done just need to deal with the rear susp...question..thanks for lookin out 4 a fellow rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
that set up you have sounds good, you wont need to do anything else to 3 wheel :biggrin:

G

·
Originally posted by Daddilac@Jan 17 2009, 12:45 PM~12733141
i have a 96 lac and want to stand a high 3 wheel..Im running 3 pumps,2 ton springs, with 14 inch strokes.. what my question is whats the best way to deal with pinion angles?? keep in mind I want two keep the susp. looking as stock as posibble for looks...so wether it be stretch the trailing arms? how far?? drop bracketts?? how far to drop????drive line shortended??how much????  and as far as reinforcement it has all been done just need to deal with the rear susp...question..thanks for lookin out 4 a fellow rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you just wanna 3 wheel stand you are already set, you could extend your upper trailing arms 1 inch.. for your pinion angle problem

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
IM NO EXPERT BUT ON MY FLEETWOOD I HAVE THE 14" IN THE REAR I ALSO HAVE A BRIDGE AND A CHAIN RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF THE PUMPKIN. LOCK A NICE THREE. ALSO ADJUSTABLE UPPERS

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
did you cut a big ass hole in your trunk for that bridge :biggrin:
NO SIR :biggrin: MY SET-UP IS VERY CLEAN

BrooklynBusa....... You said u have a chain right in the middle of the pumkin
What is it bolted to on top?
[/quote]
TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BRIDGE

·
Registered
386 Posts

i have a 96 lac and want to stand a high 3 wheel..Im running 3 pumps,2 ton springs, with 14 inch strokes.. what my question is whats the best way to deal with pinion angles?? keep in mind I want two keep the susp. looking as stock as posibble for looks...so wether it be stretch the trailing arms? how far?? drop bracketts?? how far to drop????drive line shortended??how much???? and as far as reinforcement it has all been done just need to deal with the rear susp...question..thanks for lookin out 4 a fellow rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXTEND top trailing arm 1 inch an shortend ur drive line 1 inch you must have 14 in. cylinders ... if u add two gates for the rear lay the car out lift up on side in the rear an you will be able to stand on three's all day long

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by BROOKLYNBUSA@Jan 17 2009, 10:58 PM~12737619
IM NO EXPERT BUT ON MY FLEETWOOD I HAVE THE 14" IN THE REAR I ALSO HAVE A BRIDGE AND A CHAIN RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF THE PUMPKIN. LOCK A NICE THREE. ALSO ADJUSTABLE UPPERS

ya i put in a bridge also...but I really do not want to go with adj trailing arm..trying to keep tha car looking as stock as possible going for the smooth clean right off the show room floor look..something different...I just do not know how far to ext my uppers or lower or drop brackets..............how is your pinion angle as far as driving 3 wheeled?????????????

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by mrratchet@Jan 18 2009, 06:29 AM~12738825
How's ur ride with those two ton springs? Not too stiff?

BrooklynBusa....... You said u have a chain right in the middle of the pumkin
What is it bolted to on top?
I dont know how the ride is on the 2 ton springs yet the car is not done yet...is the 2 ton to much though???????? thanks for the info bro

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by G_MOTORSPORTS@Jan 18 2009, 01:05 PM~12740785

i have a 96 lac and want to stand a high 3 wheel..Im running 3 pumps,2 ton springs, with 14 inch strokes.. what my question is whats the best way to deal with pinion angles?? keep in mind I want two keep the susp. looking as stock as posibble for looks...so wether it be stretch the trailing arms? how far?? drop bracketts?? how far to drop????drive line shortended??how much???? and as far as reinforcement it has all been done just need to deal with the rear susp...question..thanks for lookin out 4 a fellow rider!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        EXTEND top trailing arm 1 inch an shortend ur drive line 1 inch you must have 14 in. cylinders ...  if u add two gates for the rear lay the car out lift up on side in the rear an you will be able to stand on three's all day long
can't i extend the upper and lower trailing arms 1 inch and get the same effect without shortening the driveline ???????????? thanks bro

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
still lookin for some help here...drop mounts??how far???trailing arm ext???how far??? drive line shortened??? how far??????? help a brother out????? :confused: :dunno: :around: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
dont you mean putting in a slip yolk for the driveshaft

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Originally posted by nyd40cal@Jan 18 2009, 03:31 PM~12740493
so how did you get that bridge in there, with that dip from the spare tire?
your bridge cant sit on top of the frame rails???? w/o cutting a big ass hole. if you did still get it in there please fill me in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts