LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 84 cutty 3 pumps, 6 batt, 10" fronts, 12" rears, stock trailing arms drive shaft :angry: , my question is what do i need to do standing 3's, i can pull 3' on corners but not standing. any HELP?

·
Registered
171 Posts
first of all get rid of those 10" & 12" cylinders & go with 6" or 8" in the front & you need atleast 14" cylinders in the rear minimum to stand 3Wheel........
12" cylinders wont let you stand a 3; only a power 3;
Its Better to Lift ONE Corner(Rear) then to dump a corner you get better results like that; well atleast I do in my 82 cutlass supreme :cool:

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
wow 10's in the front.. got any pics of the height. lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about my trailing arms and drive shaft, can i keep it all stock or do i need adjustable arms. And can i still use my 10" fronts just no licking it up, Im a newbie to all this.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
My opinion is get rid of them, you dont need the big cylinders once you start riding your gonna want to hop it here and there, and the cylinders are too big, if you stay smaller cylinders front/ and 10-12's in back you wont have move,adjust,or add anything. My homies got a cutlass, with 12's in the rear and all stock.

·
Registered
820 Posts
need more wight i had 10 batteries 2 pumps 8s in the front 12 in the back n i sat on 3s all day in my 79 regal
n my trailing arms wernt extended just boxed in

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Originally posted by 84cutlass84@Feb 27 2010, 10:41 AM~16741537
Can ur homie  do staing 3's that way?

Mine, yeah, hes got 10 batteries, not a super high 3 but it stands, hes nevous about buckling so he don't do it though, hes more a ass down front up,,,,

·
Registered
512 Posts
Originally posted by 84cutlass84@Feb 27 2010, 09:19 AM~16741076
I got 84 cutty 3 pumps, 6 batt, 10" fronts, 12" rears, stock trailing arms drive shaft :angry: , my question is what do i need to do standing 3's, i can pull 3' on corners but not standing. any HELP?

from all the research ive done on getting g-bodys to stand 3 wheel heres what ive come up with

14's or 16's in the rear 8 to 10 batts chain bridge extended trailing arms and reinforced trailing arm ears the part that is welded to the top of the rear end.

here is a pic of my trailing arm ear before i reinforced it

this happened one night when trying to hit a standing 3 and it wasnt reinforced

here is where you can get cheap trailing arms ryderzhydros

hope this helps,,,i know its alot of work but your ride will thank you in the end

·
Registered
960 Posts
I GOT A 3 PUMP SET UP SIX BATTERIES 8 S IN THE FRONT 12S IN THE REAR AND ALL I HAD DONE WAS THE CHANNEL BRIDGE AND IT WILL DO THE STANDING 3 ALL DAY , YES AM GOING TO REINFORCE MY TRAILING ARMS AND DIFERENTIAL AND I HAVE BEN TOLD TO ADD THE CHAINS FOR A HIGHER 3.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by maladora@Feb 27 2010, 08:39 PM~16745062
from all the research ive done on getting g-bodys to stand 3 wheel heres what ive come up with
14's or 16's in the rear 8 to 10 batts chain bridge extended trailing arms and reinforced trailing arm ears the part that is welded to the top of the rear end.

here is a pic of my trailing arm ear before i reinforced it

this happened one night when trying to hit a standing 3 and it wasnt reinforced

here is where you can get cheap trailing arms ryderzhydros
hope this helps,,,i know its alot of work but your ride will thank you in the end
A good reinforce frame or a partial frame wrap, and 3 pumps and 6 batteries with 3 in each corner will let the car stand 3...with 14s in the back

1 - 14 of 14 Posts