LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite i got cylinders rt now 2 valves a corner..... and wanted to set up 3 wheel.... i dont kno that much about cylidners but have read alot....... i made a diagram and just wanted to kno if this would work.... and would tappin into the wire for dump/fill work like that?
thx

Last edited by ltb at Dec 20 2003, 01:51 AM

·
Registered
300 Posts
that diagram looks dangerous to do, why don't u just by a 10 switch box if u already have 8 valves

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ya i already got a 10 switch box and everything..... but i was just wondering if tapping off the opposite dump/fill wires on the other 2 valves would work...... cuz it would be easier.....otherwise what would be a good way to wirse it up

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by ltb@Dec 19 2003, 10:28 PM
Alrite i got cylinders rt now 2 valves a corner..... and wanted to set up 3 wheel.... i dont kno that much about cylidners but have read alot....... i made a diagram and just wanted to kno if this would work.... and would tappin into the wire for dump/fill work like that?
thx
should just do the box all your fills are the ups and all the dumps are the downs obviously but i always suggest with air that u put in a kill switch in line for the +12vlt never know if some shithead will fuck with your shit at a show or at home

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya thats what i did..... i got a kill switch for the switchbox and for the compressor rt now... lol after accidenlty hitting them sumtimes..... but as far as wiring up these two extra valves for three wheel what would u reccommend?? thx oh ya and as far as the valves are wired up and everything is that right??

Last edited by ltb at Dec 19 2003, 11:18 PM

·
Registered
300 Posts
if it is a two way cylinder put the second set of valves on a seperate switch that is all i can think of without having it right in front of me, where are u at

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Arizona......ya.... but dont i need to hook it up to the other valves sum how so that when the 2nd set fills the other side will dump other wise it wont go ne where right?

Last edited by ltb at Dec 19 2003, 11:29 PM

·
Registered
677 Posts
There is a much easier way to have a 3 wheel setup than this.

And you only need 2 valves for both wheels. They are Spool valves and have 5 ports on them. They make life tons easier than plumbing 4 regular SMC's to do the same job.
Basically they function the same way as hydro spools..but they are designed maily for gases instead.

The types I have are Norgren USA Model# K81EA00KV8KV82W1 with 3/8" ports all around.

They have 2 solenoids in the block that open 2 tiny valves that kick the actual spool back and forth inside opening different channels for the main air to flow through.
These will do everything you want to be doing in that schematic...but with less plumbing and wiring headaches.

·
Registered
677 Posts
not a whole lot....and you find them on ebay fairly often.
I picked up my 2 used ones for about $120 Cdn total.

Plus you see other companies versions also on there...like IR Aro's and stuff like that.

I'll see if I can dig up a pic of what they look like so you know what to keep your eyes open for.

·
Registered
677 Posts
alright...I can't find a pic on the net or ebay right now.

but I'll take a pic of my valves in the morning unless I find the old pics on my hard-drive

·
Registered
677 Posts

there you go...I found this pic on my HD

in this pic is how I got it...it was setup to run as a single valve for a bag setup (Note the plug in the one port)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alrite thx.... i see what ur sayin.... do u guys have any recommendations or places to buy these from? thx for the help ppl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts