LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WZUP EVERYBODY!!!!!!! I am gonna be 3-wheelin' my towncar alot.How should I do the frame so I won't tear it up. What R some of fastest speeds that yall have 3 wheeled on a straight road? Talk 2 me.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
body on reinforcements on mine...3 sides and the common stress points are 3/8's and the rest is 1/4''.....i dont hit 3 wheels very fast
94 towncar 3 pumps 8 batteries 14's out back

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
i would never go with anything thicker than 1/4" on a frame, never ever.
the thicker material you use the more it weights, and that's something to think about. thicker dont allways mean stronger.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Jan 13 2004, 08:50 AM
the thicker material you use the more it weights, and that's something to think about. thicker dont allways mean stronger.
its only on the humps and crossmember..1/4'' on the bottom and 3/8''s on the sides...its was all done body on....if i would have did body off i would have kept it all 1/4''

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin+Jan 13 2004, 03:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (enough_talkin @ Jan 13 2004, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Jan 13 2004, 08:50 AM
its only on the humps and crossmember..1/4'' on the bottom and 3/8''s on the sides...its was all done body on....if i would have did body off i would have kept it all 1/4''[/b][/quote]
im sure your frame is done up right, just stating that i would never go with that thick/heavy plates myselfe. ;) got pics?

·
Registered
544 Posts
i recommend a one peice slip because when locked up it will push tranny and motor forward causing the throttle cable to pull and vroom it goes. almost killed me

motor mount bolts are shit and this car will crack infront of raer arches and on front crossmember around motor mount first

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Jan 13 2004, 09:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Jan 13 2004, 09:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2004, 03:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--badass 64
@Jan 13 2004, 08:50 AM

its only on the humps and crossmember..1/4'' on the bottom and 3/8''s on the sides...its was all done body on....if i would have did body off i would have kept it all 1/4''
im sure your frame is done up right, just stating that i would never go with that thick/heavy plates myselfe. ;) got pics?[/b][/quote]
if you have a spare usb port laying around i do lol...actually i may have uploaded some to my yahoo name before i moved...lemme go search through the briefcase

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
none on my yahoo name or image station so i emailed a friend of mine that i sent a few pics to and told him to send em to me

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jan 13 2004, 03:23 PM
none on my yahoo name or image station so i emailed a friend of mine that i sent a few pics to and told him to send em to me
:cool:

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
the new adjustable trainling arms pivot so you wont tear up bushings left and right.

·
Registered
237 Posts
when i used to 3 wheel my towncar b4 i decided to make it lay on the ground i notcied i split the floor boards by the hump

1 - 11 of 11 Posts