LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
IM STILL STANDING BITCH
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHATS GOING ON LOWRIDER BROTHERS...... IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT? I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO DO A CHAIN BRIDGE ON A 1987 BUICK REGAL AND WHAT STUFF I NEED TO BUY FOR IT. WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT DO A STANDING 3 WHEEL. IF U COULD PLEASE EMAIL ME SOME PICS AND DETAILS AT [email protected] THANKS

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by aztlan_d@Jan 11 2009, 08:31 PM~12673322
WHATS GOING ON LOWRIDER BROTHERS...... IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT? I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO DO A CHAIN BRIDGE ON A 1987 BUICK REGAL AND WHAT STUFF I NEED TO BUY FOR IT. WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT DO A STANDING 3 WHEEL. IF U COULD PLEASE EMAIL ME SOME PICS AND DETAILS AT [email protected]                THANKS

you dont need a chain bridge if ur running 3 pumps or intend to do a 3rd...if u only have 2 then u can do the chain bridge... also if u want a good prominant 3 wheel run atleast 14's

http://www.layitlow.com/tech/suspension_chainbridge.shtml

·
Registered
682 Posts
a chain bridge will make ur 3wheel stand higher tho. theres all kinds of ways 2 do a chain bridge. u can cut off tha ears on tha back and mount tha chainbridge in place of them. or u can mount tha chain bridge under tha ears. doing it like this,u wont sit as low in tha back. i found that using a 2x4 inch tubing works best. on yha main page under tha hydraulics topic on tha left of tha page has a good description of how 2 do it and what it does. but a 3rd pump is a must!! u can 3wheel wit a 3rd pump but a chainbridge helps shift tha weight and makes u 3wheel higher. good luck homie!!

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
3 pumps,a bridge and 6 batts will give a nice lean on that car

my cutty would only do rolling 3 with 2 pumps and 6 batts and some sand in the spare-well.

so it depends on which way you want to go. weight or chains

·
Registered
111 Posts
HERE IS MY REGAL 85 WIT A CHAIN BRIGE BUT NO CHAINS.. 14s IN THE REAR... IT WOULD GET A LITTLE HIGHER IF I HAD THE CHAINS...

·
Registered
682 Posts
neva use weight in a car that isnt strapped down and reinforced under it either :nono: i knew a guy that used bars of lead 2 try and do a standing 3and he had 2-60lb bars shoot out tha side quarter pannel and tha rest of tha bars broke thru tha bottom of tha trunk.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
please let me know if im wrong but i always thought that the chains were used to prevent bending the arms. of course im talking bout the traditional way of mounting cylinders to the rear end. really dont see how a chain would make ur 3 higher. the way i do it is lock up the car on 3 and chain it one link shorter than the lockout point.

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.Cadillac87@Jan 15 2009, 03:14 PM~12715095
neva use weight in a car that isnt strapped down and reinforced under it either :nono: i knew a guy that used bars of lead 2 try and do a standing 3and he had 2-60lb bars shoot out tha side quarter pannel and tha rest of tha bars broke thru tha bottom of tha trunk.
Pics or your lying out your ass........ :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Originally posted by KING*85*@Jan 13 2009, 01:13 PM~12692418
HERE IS MY REGAL 85 WIT A CHAIN BRIGE BUT NO CHAINS.. 14s IN THE REAR...    IT WOULD GET A LITTLE HIGHER IF I HAD THE CHAINS...
nice 3, thats what I'm going for this year :cool:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Originally posted by DanielDucati@Jan 16 2009, 06:55 AM~12721400
Pics or your lying out your ass........ :biggrin:
i aint had my camera at tha time, but i wish i did :biggrin: sum fool wuz drivin round my homeboys block and he wuz tryin 2 b cool and bust 3 and ended up fuckin up his ride. but u could go ahead and try it on ur ride and ill take a pic of that!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Originally posted by STR8CLOWNIN LS@Jan 16 2009, 09:23 AM~12721328
please let me know if im wrong but i always thought that the chains were used to prevent bending the arms. of course im talking bout the traditional way of mounting cylinders to the rear end. really dont see how a chain would make ur 3 higher. the way i do it is lock up the car on 3 and chain it one link shorter than the lockout point.

chains keep the side of the rear from coming back up and it also pulls the other side over...... i got 3 pumps 4 batts need bridge & chain instead of weight :biggrin:

·
1,395 Posts
Originally posted by STR8CLOWNIN LS@Jan 16 2009, 08:23 AM~12721328

the chain acts as a pivot point......like a kids see saw :biggrin: as the one side lifts it forces down on the other side ;)

result ..................a higher 3 :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Originally posted by nyd40cal@Jan 17 2009, 07:35 PM~12734598

the chain acts as a pivot point......like a kids see saw :biggrin:  as the one side lifts it forces down on the other side ;)
result ..................a higher 3 :cheesy:
sorry but in that pic the chain is doing nothing but preventing the rear from over locking...take off the chain and i bet the car 3 wheels just the same if not a lil higher. the now i understand that the BRIDGE acts as a pivot point but not hte chain.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Originally posted by STR8CLOWNIN LS@Jan 18 2009, 10:16 PM~12743050
sorry but in that pic the chain is doing nothing but preventing the rear from over locking...take off the chain and i bet the car 3 wheels just the same if not a lil higher. the now i understand that the BRIDGE acts as a pivot point but not hte chain.
Now I'm gettin confused. That's how I'm going to set up my 87. Caprice r u saying the chain is useless?

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Originally posted by mrratchet@Jan 18 2009, 10:55 PM~12743412
Now I'm gettin confused. That's how I'm going to set up my 87. Caprice r u saying the chain is useless?
not sayin they are useless...i've seen alot of cars stand on 3 with bridges but without chains..i've always used the chains to prevent the rear from over locking when on a 3

·
1,395 Posts
Originally posted by STR8CLOWNIN LS@Jan 18 2009, 09:16 PM~12743050

see I think your wrong. we learned this in 2nd grade. the bridge is not the pivot point........thats crazy!!

its like a see saw swing, when that one side goes up......because of that pivot point in the middle.... in this case its a chain........that other side has no place to go but straight down.

I am suprised you would argue somthing so simple.......and Im suprised anyone would second guess the theorey :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Originally posted by nyd40cal@Jan 19 2009, 08:49 AM~12747168
see I think your wrong. we learned this in 2nd grade. the bridge is not the pivot point........thats crazy!!

its like a see saw swing,  when that one side goes up......because of that pivot point in the middle.... in this case its a chain........that other side has no place to go but straight down.

I am suprised you would argue somthing so simple.......and Im suprised anyone would second guess the theorey :biggrin:
i said it wrong..u are right the bridge isnt the pivot point but the bridge helps push down one side while the other goes up.....take any car that has a chain bridge and remove the chains...bet its gonna 3 wheel just the same

1 - 20 of 24 Posts