LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by NortherntoucH+Sep 8 2003, 08:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NortherntoucH @ Sep 8 2003, 08:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--simple me@Sep 8 2003, 07:07 PM
dont like it. :thumbsdown:
[/b][/quote]
neither do I, but everything that I had ever heard was that the max you could go would be like 5-7 coats of clear. 32 Is kinda unbelievable, at least from what I have heard.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
did a burban with that shit one time fo real gay that shit is house of kolor rainbow flake shit stuff.............................. :uh:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
When we shot my car we used 15 jars of Royal Blue HOK, and 5 gallons of clear. I don't know about 32 coats. But the 15 jars covered up everything in my Engine/Trunk/Interior/Door Jambs/Doors. Everything was flaked. That is why the 15 jars.

Last edited by dirtywhiteboy66 at Sep 8 2003, 09:11 PM

·
Super Triple Double OG OG
22,640 Posts
when we painted my regal...
the body was painted flat frame black....

then 3/4 of a mason jar of gold flake was spryed over it.. it completely hid the black....
i cant see how everybody gets so much flake without it being all chunky and rough...

my car was solid gold (no jokes please)

with maybe 3 or 4 of the HOK jars of flake....

·
Registered
949 Posts
I don't see the point of that many coats ,, the amount of flake you can put Into 1 coat of clear would give you very full effects after only 3-4 coats ..

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
It gives you the effect, look at the Nuestra Traditional Picnic photos in the post your rides section, there is an Orange Lincoln in there that was sprayed by my homie John from Limelight C.C. He used about 4-5 Jars of HOK. If you look at my car in the post your rides section under dirtywhiteboy66 project, you can see the difference what 4-5 jars, and 15 jars. Much of my jars went to the Jambs/hood/trunk/interior pieces, but my Flake is so detailed now that you can not get a good picture of it in the sun because it blurs the shine in the camera. Seriously we had to push my car back into the shop because we were trying to get the hood back on and the shine was just too intense.

Last edited by dirtywhiteboy66 at Sep 8 2003, 10:26 PM

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by /\Chris/\@Sep 8 2003, 08:48 PM
Rainbow flake or something? SHit loox kinda queer to me
Kamen Blue Kameleon flake actually... it changes all those different colors depending on where the light is on the car. It's kinda funny actually, when you look at it on the shop shelf, it looks nice, it changes like a blue to green, kinda like the sea. But when you get it out in the sun it changes all colors, blue, purple, red, green, yellow. It is pretty trippy the first time you see it.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** Damn dirty , thats alot of flake !! I thought i had alot with 3 cans of hok 1/64 fireball & 3 cans of hok red flake....... Thats just on the outside & a little on the jambs...My dash is done too .......Do you have anything else but clear over the flake -- like a thin coat of kandy ?/ That looks like straight flake & clear --- Looks good tho ....BOB_T

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** I like the overspray barrier behind the wheel wells!!!!!!

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Sep 9 2003, 07:32 AM
** I like the overspray barrier behind the wheel wells!!!!!!
Gotta love those ole school CRX's. But that wasn't what we used, but that is pretty funny. Nope just clear and Flake, but I was thinking of going with a Candy Oriental Blue, but I don't know right now. Just kinda thinking about the direction that I am gonna go, thinking about patterns and shit.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** I sprayed 4 gallons of clear on my car to get the flakes covered good ... NOT at one time.. i waited about a month after I laid down each gallon at a time..... Im painting it again because the car was beat up from reinforcing the frame & it just plain looks like shit .... I like the way the bigger flakes catch light but it seems as tho the smaller flakes catch better light in almost all light condition .....Who knows , i might go with some more fireballs........1/128" this time ... I talked to "Cosmo" - The founder of HOK - himself at a car show .. He told me that when they spray the large flakes they actually use a non powdered latex glove & wipe the flakes down after the clear has flashed off a little bit...... So you actually lay the flakes down by hand...... NUTTS!!!!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i kant see that being kamen blue flake as it changed colors but not like that . that REALLY looks like hok rainbow flake

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Sep 10 2003, 01:22 PM
** I sprayed 4 gallons of clear on my car to get the flakes covered good ... NOT at one time.. i waited about a month after I laid down each gallon at a time..... Im painting it again because the car was beat up from reinforcing the frame & it just plain looks like shit .... I like the way the bigger flakes catch light but it seems as tho the smaller flakes catch better light in almost all light condition .....Who knows , i might go with some more fireballs........1/128" this time ... I talked to "Cosmo" - The founder of HOK - himself at a car show .. He told me that when they spray the large flakes they actually use a non powdered latex glove & wipe the flakes down after the clear has flashed off a little bit...... So you actually lay the flakes down by hand...... NUTTS!!!!
i could have told you this.........i talk to the HOK tech guy IN minnesota ALL the time :biggrin:

he told me to do this when i thought of spraying the 1/64th but after i seen j's car on here from kentucky.............

i decided to go mini flake :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts