LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homeboy's trying to sell me a 350 edelbrock intake and carb for the low, i gots a 307 olds. Will it fit or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Sep 18 2007, 05:19 PM~8818077
Is the intake for an OLDS 350 or a CHEVY 350?
chevy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Sep 18 2007, 07:15 PM~8819273
no completely different-olds is alot wider than chevys-if you find one on an olds 307 350 400 or 455 there the same like pontiacs

Actually, the Olds 400,425,and 455 have a wider intake than the 260-403 Olds engines. And an aftermarket intake is not recommended for the '86 and later roller 307s - something with the intake ports don't line up, I think.
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
307, 330, 350, and 400. Those are the engines you can swap intakes across
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Sep 19 2007, 05:22 AM~8822435
307, 330, 350, and 400.  Those are the engines you can swap intakes across
Don't forget the 110 hp Olds 260 V8. The Olds 403 ,not the 400, is also interchangeable. The Olds 400 is a "big block" with a taller deck and wider intake like a 455. The 403 has more cubic inches though because of its larger bore and is classified as a "small block."
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by LAK ATTACK@Sep 19 2007, 08:13 AM~8822533
Don't forget the 110 hp Olds 260 V8.  The Olds 403 ,not the 400, is also interchangeable.  The Olds 400 is a "big block" with a taller deck and wider intake like a 455.  The 403 has more cubic inches though because of its larger bore and is classified as a "small block."

youre right, I typed 400 instead of 403.. Couldnt find shit on the 260 though.



EDL-37111

$369.95

Engine Size

* 5.7L/350,
* 5.0L/307,
* 5.4L/330,
* 6.6L/403

Year

* 1966,
* 1967,
* 1968,
* 1969,
* 1970,
* 1971,
* 1972,
* 1973,
* 1974,
* 1975,
* 1976,
* 1977,
* 1978,
* 1979,
* 1980,
* 1981,
* 1982,
* 1983,
* 1984,
* 1985

Carburetor Mounting

* 4-barrel square bore,
* 4-barrel spread bore

CID

* 350,
* 307,
* 330,
* 403

Liter

* 5.7,
* 5.0,
* 5.4,
* 6.6

Results 1 - 8 of 8 Page 1 of 1



Make OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type V8
Engine Size 5.7L/350
Liter 5.7
CID 350
Beginning Year 1968
Ending Year 1980
Engine Family Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting 4-barrel spread bore
Cylinder Head Style (application) Stock configuration
Application Notes Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type V8
Engine Size 5.0L/307
Liter 5.0
CID 307
Beginning Year 1980
Ending Year 1985
Engine Family Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting 4-barrel spread bore
Cylinder Head Style (application) Stock configuration
Application Notes Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type V8
Engine Size 5.4L/330
Liter 5.4
CID 330
Beginning Year 1966
Ending Year 1967
Engine Family Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting 4-barrel spread bore
Cylinder Head Style (application) Stock configuration
Application Notes Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type V8
Engine Size 5.4L/330
Liter 5.4
CID 330
Beginning Year 1966
Ending Year 1967
Engine Family Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting 4-barrel square bore
Cylinder Head Style (application) Stock configuration
Application Notes Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type V8
Engine Size 5.7L/350
Liter 5.7
CID 350
Beginning Year 1968
Ending Year 1980
Engine Family Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting 4-barrel square bore
Cylinder Head Style (application) Stock configuration
Application Notes Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type V8
Engine Size 5.0L/307
Liter 5.0
CID 307
Beginning Year 1980
Ending Year 1985
Engine Family Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting 4-barrel square bore
Cylinder Head Style (application) Stock configuration
Application Notes Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type V8
Engine Size 6.6L/403
Liter 6.6
CID 403
Beginning Year 1977
Ending Year 1979
Engine Family Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting 4-barrel spread bore
Cylinder Head Style (application) Stock configuration
Application Notes Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type V8
Engine Size 6.6L/403
Liter 6.6
CID 403
Beginning Year 1977
Ending Year 1979
Engine Family Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting 4-barrel square bore
Cylinder Head Style (application) Stock configuration
Application Notes Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Sep 19 2007, 04:47 PM~8825454
youre right, I typed 400 instead of 403..  Couldnt find shit on the 260 though.
EDL-37111

$369.95

Engine Size

    * 5.7L/350,
    * 5.0L/307,
    * 5.4L/330,
    * 6.6L/403

Year

    * 1966,
    * 1967,
    * 1968,
    * 1969,
    * 1970,
    * 1971,
    * 1972,
    * 1973,
    * 1974,
    * 1975,
    * 1976,
    * 1977,
    * 1978,
    * 1979,
    * 1980,
    * 1981,
    * 1982,
    * 1983,
    * 1984,
    * 1985

Carburetor Mounting

    * 4-barrel square bore,
    * 4-barrel spread bore

CID

    * 350,
    * 307,
    * 330,
    * 403

Liter

    * 5.7,
    * 5.0,
    * 5.4,
    * 6.6

Results 1 - 8 of 8  Page 1 of 1



Make  OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type  V8
Engine Size  5.7L/350
Liter  5.7
CID  350
Beginning Year  1968
Ending Year  1980
Engine Family  Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting  4-barrel spread bore
Cylinder Head Style (application)  Stock configuration
Application Notes  Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make  OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type  V8
Engine Size  5.0L/307
Liter  5.0
CID  307
Beginning Year  1980
Ending Year  1985
Engine Family  Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting  4-barrel spread bore
Cylinder Head Style (application)  Stock configuration
Application Notes  Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make  OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type  V8
Engine Size  5.4L/330
Liter  5.4
CID  330
Beginning Year  1966
Ending Year  1967
Engine Family  Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting  4-barrel spread bore
Cylinder Head Style (application)  Stock configuration
Application Notes  Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make  OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type  V8
Engine Size  5.4L/330
Liter  5.4
CID  330
Beginning Year  1966
Ending Year  1967
Engine Family  Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting  4-barrel square bore
Cylinder Head Style (application)  Stock configuration
Application Notes  Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make  OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type  V8
Engine Size  5.7L/350
Liter  5.7
CID  350
Beginning Year  1968
Ending Year  1980
Engine Family  Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting  4-barrel square bore
Cylinder Head Style (application)  Stock configuration
Application Notes  Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make  OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type  V8
Engine Size  5.0L/307
Liter  5.0
CID  307
Beginning Year  1980
Ending Year  1985
Engine Family  Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting  4-barrel square bore
Cylinder Head Style (application)  Stock configuration
Application Notes  Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make  OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type  V8
Engine Size  6.6L/403
Liter  6.6
CID  403
Beginning Year  1977
Ending Year  1979
Engine Family  Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting  4-barrel spread bore
Cylinder Head Style (application)  Stock configuration
Application Notes  Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.



Make  OLDSMOBILE
Engine Type  V8
Engine Size  6.6L/403
Liter  6.6
CID  403
Beginning Year  1977
Ending Year  1979
Engine Family  Oldsmobile V8
Carburetor Mounting  4-barrel square bore
Cylinder Head Style (application)  Stock configuration
Application Notes  Factory cruise control will not clear EGR without modification.
:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,007 Posts
There are two 307s made by Olds. The 5A heads were used on the '80-'84 "conventional" (non roller) 307s. The 6A and 7A heads fit the later ('85-'90) roller lifter 307s. The last year for Vin "Y" code 307s with the conventional valve train was '84. (The Vin "9" code continued to use the conventional valve train for another year or so along with the 5A heads) from that point they all went to the roller valve train. Just look on the driver's side of the engine on the heads by the number one spark plug for a casting either 5A, 6A or 7A, you might have to clean some junk off the heads to see if it is a dirty engine. The 5A head 307s have larger ports about the same size as the 350 and will share and interchange the same intakes as the 350 or 430, the 5A head 307s will spin to 5000 RPMs easy. The 7A head 307s have smaller swirl ports so that they would have better economy but they don't breath well so max RPMs are limited to 4000 RPMs with a stock Vin Y cam, they also only except the stock intakes (A5) and trying to bolt other Olds intakes will cause turbulence and poor performance. The 6A heads are kinda a mystery, they are found mostly on early 85 GM cars with 307s, the 7A and 6A share the same (A5) intake and the 6A heads also has the smaller swirl ports as the 7A heads. There are not many 6A heads going around so that gives me the idea that GM must have not liked the design or they wouldn't of started using the 7A heads.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top